Colour Changing Buttons on Magic Sheets

Hi All,

Just a quick one, working on a Gio - I have a 'control' style magic sheet with buttons to lamp on, turn midi receive on all the usual stuff. Is it possible, that for example when I hit the 'midi receive on' macro button on the MS, it changes colour to signify that is turned on for the operator during the run? I'm sure I have seen this done before I just can't seem to find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Parents
  • The other thing you can do if you can live with just the label on the button changing eg from "Midi On" to "Midi Off" is record two macros on for On lets say macro 101 and one for Off macro 102 and at the end of the ON macro put the command "Copy Macro 102 to 100" and at the end of the Off macro put "Copy Macro 101 to 100" and then on the magic sheet put a button for Macro 100 and set it to display its label rather than you typing in its text. Then each time you press the button its label will change from ON to OFF etc. (you obviously need to copy macro 101 to 100 the first time so 100 is set to something).

I use this to run alternate setups, where I need a block of fixtures patched differently and want it obvious what mode my show is in. Click the button and it swaps over some pan/tilts and focus palettes and changes the label at the top of the sheet so the operator knows they are in the correct mode for that stage layout.
  • The other thing you can do if you can live with just the label on the button changing eg from "Midi On" to "Midi Off" is record two macros on for On lets say macro 101 and one for Off macro 102 and at the end of the ON macro put the command "Copy Macro 102 to 100" and at the end of the Off macro put "Copy Macro 101 to 100" and then on the magic sheet put a button for Macro 100 and set it to display its label rather than you typing in its text. Then each time you press the button its label will change from ON to OFF etc. (you obviously need to copy macro 101 to 100 the first time so 100 is set to something).

I use this to run alternate setups, where I need a block of fixtures patched differently and want it obvious what mode my show is in. Click the button and it swaps over some pan/tilts and focus palettes and changes the label at the top of the sheet so the operator knows they are in the correct mode for that stage layout.
Children
No Data
Related