Data from Shell in a new Show

Is their an Option to get Datas from Shell in a Show?
My Prob:
Work with an allowed Adress Limit.
For Training i download the Show from the Video Training Section.
In this Shows the Line DMX 1 -for example- works normal. Means all 512 Outputs are allowed.
In my Standard Show i need for my Theater this Line with a Limit (means my first allowed Adress on this Line is 1/121)

So now i need in the Training show the Full Allowed Adress Option.
If i make Merge "System Setup" my wish don't work

I know i can trick with the BackUp System.ini (one Setup safe in D:/ the other safe in E:/)

But,... is their another optoin thats works easier?

• I am not sure what you are asking.
    I use the training show files and visualizer file often. these files are made to work together. you cant use the training files with a different patch it just wont work.
    also all of the training materials refer to the show file so everything works as a set. It is the best free training I have seen. Together with the videos it makes things easy to learn the processes and then it is just a matter of applying the tools that you have learnt to use to the task at hand.
    I hope this helps you out a bit.
    Regards
    Geoff
  • the settings in the sheel are purposely kept separate from the stuff in the showfile, so with showfile operations (like open or merge) you will never be able to affect stuff in the shell. there is however an option in maintenance (Verwaltung) to backup and load shell settings.
  • The "Problem" is not the Patch.
    Thats clear how it works and i can use the Training only with the Showfile and Patch.

If i load the Trainingshow i must say in Shell "Allowed Adress" From 1 to 4096.

But for my Show in Reallife in my Theater i must say in the Shell, Allowed Adress starts (For one room) at Line 1 Adress 121, Line 2 don't exist.

The Question is, can i save this Data in a Showfile?
    Ueli says No. Hmmm,...okay.
    The other question is, can i give the File thats i save in Shell with the BackUp Save Option -then the Console build a ******.ini File- a different name?
    Now, if i be wright, the Console gives the name for this file automatic.
    Means i build my Shell the way i need it, save the ***.ini File.
    Now i wanne work with the Trainingshow, i must rebuild the Shell. And if i save new, my Shell for my Theater will be override.
    Or i save it on an externe USB Drive
  • Not got access to a windows version as not at a real desk at present and my nomads is on mac but does it actually store the shell settings in an ini file?

If it really does then you could from the setup shell drop out to windows and run a bat file that just swapped in the correct ini for the mode you want to work on.
  • Louis:
    Why not always keep the allowed addresses in the shell as 1-4096 and for your Theater show only patch starting with Address 121?
  • if the addresses are allowed you can still use Address 120 in your command line and send a value...

• The Problem in my case is, i don't work alone with this channels.
    It is possible i have a show in Room 1 and same time another show is in Room 2.
    So i must guarantee that i don't send values from Room 1 to Room 2 or the other way.
    We wanne work strict separated

So the way with Shell is the best for my situation

I get the tip with the allowed adress from Ueli.
    It works perfect for me, only the Option to change the allowed adress range it is a little bit "uncomfortable".
Related