EOS Effect Engine, duplicating effect 917

Good evening all, I am stumped with something in the EOS effect generator, working on a ION. Pre-built effect 917 is the RGB linear color effect, however I have been trying to mirror the effect and creating my own version. I have created a new effect, and matched the effect parameters exactly, however when my new effect runs all 3 color parameters fade in/out together and it is more or a white wave instead of the color. How can I re-build a linear color effect with the color parameters separated? Yes, I know I could clone the existing effect and modify to my uses, but what is the fun in that?

Thanks!

--Dan

• I can see your issue, and I don't know how to get the same effect.
    Personally I make my own rainbow effect (at least I think that's what you're trying to do) using a absolute effect and only affecting the HUE. This makes a nice rainbow on all multi colour fixtures by playing with the saturation manually. Bare in mind that virtual HSB needs to be turned on for this to work for fixtures that don't have a separate Hue parameter.

Hope this helps.

Bart
  • I did some testing and I encountered the same thing as Dan. Just to clarify, an effect copied from 917 does the "rainbow" effect and an effect created from scratch does the "white wave".

The "white wave" is actually the way the effect should be running, because all parameters follow the blue line in the chart together. Effect 917 is an anomaly.

If you want to build a linear color effect with the color parameters separated, you actually need to build one effect per color. You can stagger the color parameters by drawing 3 different shapes in the graph that are similar but each has its timing offset by 1/3. Then run the three effects on the same channel and record it into a cue.

The graphs would look like this:

Red:

\_/

Green:

/\_

Blue:

_/\

Related