One Channel Running Discrete Timing Over Course of Several Other Cues

If I want to have the channel that is controlling the backdrop strips run over a very long time, to change both color and intensity, it sounds like discrete timing is the way to go. Many other cues will run while that one channel is still changing. What do I do with that channel in those subsequent cues?  Should I just track it through from the start point? Thank you!   

Parents
  • The Discrete Timing has no factor in this.

EOS runs with multiple concurrent cues in a single Cue Stack.

If Q1 Fades your cyc up over 5 minutes, it will continue to execute unless you Assert another Q to take precedence.

For reference, look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQnDD_8ncM

• to add to what Wuz wrote:

as long as the cues after your slow cyc have neither an Assert, nor a conflicting move instruction, and as long as you don't use GotoCue, your slow cyc will just continue fading.

the reason why this works: Eos is a move fade console. a parameter can either have a move instruction or a tracked value in a cue. if there's a move instruction it will move. if there is a tracked value it will just keep doing what it's doing, which could be "keep the current level" or in your case "keep fading".

so as long as all the cues that you want to run while your slow cyc is still happening have only tracked values for the cyc (i.e. the values of the cyc at the end of the fade), your cyc will just continue fading
  • I watched the youtube video and appreciate the instructions above. I have a yet to comprehend the complexity of the eos operating system. I have written cues for Laundry And Bourbon. I would like to alter the show and have my cyc lights (incandescents) and source 4 lustr's [LED's] be in a 30 minute +/- cue that runs concurrently with several other internal cues. I now need to eliminate those channels from the internal cues. I'm certain that that must be done in a manner so that they don't just read zero intensity. I also remember some workshop where you could record a cue and only record specific channels. That little tidbit is long gone and may be an illusion . Haven't participated in this forum in years. I hope I'm entering this in the right place. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • I watched the youtube video and appreciate the instructions above. I have a yet to comprehend the complexity of the eos operating system. I have written cues for Laundry And Bourbon. I would like to alter the show and have my cyc lights (incandescents) and source 4 lustr's [LED's] be in a 30 minute +/- cue that runs concurrently with several other internal cues. I now need to eliminate those channels from the internal cues. I'm certain that that must be done in a manner so that they don't just read zero intensity. I also remember some workshop where you could record a cue and only record specific channels. That little tidbit is long gone and may be an illusion . Haven't participated in this forum in years. I hope I'm entering this in the right place. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Children
  • In tracking mode which is the default mode for the console, if a cue doesn’t contain anything for the channel then the channel stays outputting what it did prior to the cue.

So normally if you wanted the cyc to stay with their values for the 30 mins you simply don’t set them to a different value in another cue.

You can if you are really wanting to (which I don’t think is you intention) set a long fade time and that fade up can continue over future cues ie once the cue has given its instruction eg fade up cyc over 5 mins it will be obeyed even when you move onto other cues unless they specific say set cyc at nnn.

Tracking is kind of ike what we did back on old big resistor dinners when you look at the cue sheet and it said move dinner 4 to 7 all the others stayed the same
  • THis is how a read your email: you want the cyc fixtures to fade over 30 minutes, and have other cues activated in that 30 min. period. You don't want those other cues to affect the cyc fixtures, but those other cues did previously have control of the cyc channels.

Discreet timing is something else that doesn't need to apply in this scenario (although you can use if you wanted).

Cue 10: cyc fades from 80% to 20%; time 30 minutes.

In blind, type cue 11 thru to your last cue. (this grabs all the cues)
    type the channel numbers that you don't want disturbed, then [@] [Enter]

@ Enter clears any data from the cue. Remember that 0% is data.

by clearing all data from the cyc channels in 11 thru to end of show, cue 10 cyc channels can run without having other cues affect them with different times.

Does that answer your question?
    Andrew
Related