Universal Fader Wing LEDs

I couldn't find any reference to the LEDs inside of the universal fader wings' bump buttons in any datasheet or manual.

I just wanted to check what colours they support: is it just red and green? If so, am I correct in thinking that green will always be the colour the button's LED is lit beneath any handle which has had a additive submaster or cue list assigned to it, meanwhile red is solely used to indicate inhibitive submasters?

Thanks,

Aaron

Parents Reply Children
  • Nope, I very much doubt that any LED can produce brown to start with, but I'm not sure what colour the fader buttons glow when a palette, preset or anything other than a cue list or submaster is assigned to a handle on the Eos or Gio. As far as I know, those consoles only have red, green and white LEDs (oddly not blue) in their macro buttons. I'm not sure if this is also the case with the fader go buttons. Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure if the buttons on the universal fader wing can be lit anything other than green. Even if an inhibitive sub is loaded to one, perhaps it still glows green, despite appearing red on the fader ribbon within Eos. Could someone from ETC perhaps give a definitive answer about this?
  • You took my comment a little too literally there, but I understand.
    I'm spoiled for having the new EOS Fader Wing on my Xe20, so I'm not positive about the Universal Fader Wing dynamics.
    but the EOS Fader Wing only does Green or Red.
  • The universal fader wing only does red and green
  • On the EOS Classic, when a fader is set to GM (Grand Master) the buttons below the fader turn red from green. When a fader is set to Effects Master the buttons turn orange (which I assume is the Red LED on full, with the Green LED on dimly, or some such combination). On the IonXe and IonXe20 I get red buttons for a GM as expected, but they stay green when set to Effects Master? Same on a 40 fader wing. Is this a bug or feature? I like the orange I see on the Classic, it helps remind they are Effect Masters.

Related