Mastering a Submaster

Is there a way to use one submaster as a master for another sub (or group of subs)?  I’m doing a couple of music shows in the coming months.  One show will be a tribute band so I’ll know the songs and the order beforehand allowing me to build a cue stack.  I’d like to add highlights with bump buttons rather than writing a cue for each highlight.  My plan was to put the intensity control for different banks of lights on submasters and use the bump buttons when I wanted a little emphases.  The problem is I don’t want all the sources to go to full on the bumps.  I have one bank of Colorforce strips in particular that are pointed at the audience.  They normally run at 10% or 15% and bumping them to 40% or 50% would be plenty.

My thought was to master one submaster with another one.  Then run the master to say 40% and tap the bump button on the submaster it controlled to get a flash at the level I want.  I don’t want this to affect the output from the cues (like a inhibited sub).  I’m also pixel mapping the striplights if that make a difference (virtual media server with the data stored in the cues).

So the question is, can you master a submaster with another submaster and if so how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related