Blizzard NorthStar Quantum Pro profiles

I know there is a NSQP profile but it is not correct. Additionally there is a Rev "A" and a Rev "B". Attached are the two DMX value tables. Could use these please get corrected.

NSQP RevB page 2.pdfNSQP RevA page 1.pdfNSQP RevA page 2.pdfNSQP RevB page 1.pdf

Parents
  • Hi John:

I'll see if we can get both in somehow without losing just one- but could you perhaps tell me what is not correct specifically?

Thank you,
  • It looks like the "A" rev is in there but when patched as 39-channel it only lists 5 segments/cells when there are 6 segments. Of note is that rev "B" is only 38-channel and the strobe and intensity are swapped (channels 5 and 6).
  • Hello, John:

So far as I am aware this was implemented in 2.7.0 Build 79, and should be in all versions after that.

Thank you,
  • Yes, it is in there but it is still incorrect.

1) selecting shutter open (the home position) puts the fixture in strobe. The manual is slightly incorrect. For DMX channel 6, zero is open shutter.

2) selecting shutter closed is putting the fixture in shutter open mode.

3) when segment chase mode is selected (DMX channel 13) there is no control over the speed of the chase. It just toggles between full fixture and segment chase.

4)The multi cell profile has only 5 cells to control, .1 thru .5 while the fixture has 6 segments or cells. Expect to see a .6

Compared to another MC profile with 10 cells, it contains the master plus a .1 thru .10.

Also, as indicated there is a "A" and a "B" revision for these. The A has 39 channels while the B has 38 channels so that complicates thing a little. Add in the fact that the A and B channels 5 and 6 are reversed.

Thanks,

John
  • Hello, John:

Thanks for the additional information.
    It does appear we are missing a cell! We will fix that. Rev B multi-cell does appear to be correct, though.

The manual provided for Rev B show writing in the margins with numbers. Is this correct?
    • Intensity should be DMX 3 and Strobe DMX 4 on the 8-bit
    • Intensity should be DMX 5 and Strobe DMX 6 on the 16bit

Additionally what you mention about strobe doesn't seem to match up with the scanned documents. Can you please confirm this?:
    DMX 0 to 5 = Open
    DMX 6 to 250 Strobe (Slow to Fast)
    DMX 251 to 255 Closed
    Is that for B only or A and B?

Thank you,
  • Sasha,

Sorry for the confusion, the notes were for my benefit and should have been erased before I sent.
    So let me clarify:
    As shown in the manuals

Rev A - Intensity is 5 / Strobe 6
    Rev B - Intensity is 6 / Strobe 5 (16 bit)

Rev A Strobe:

0 to 1 percent = shutter open
    2 to 100 percent = strobe (slow to fast)

Rev B Strobe:

0 to 4 percent = shutter open
    5 to 97 percent = strobe (slow to fast)
    98 to 100 percent = shutter open

I don't see a real shutter closed position in my testing. With Intensity up, the shutter open and strobe are effective.

The other difference is in number of DMX channels. Rev A has a reset fixture at DMX 15. Rev B puts that function in DMX channel 14 and therefore is one DMX channel less.

The last item was the segment chase on DMX channel 13 where the speed was not controllable.

Thanks for your attention on this!

John
  • Sasha,

Sorry for the confusion, the notes were for my benefit and should have been erased before I sent.
    So let me clarify:
    As shown in the manuals

Rev A - Intensity is 5 / Strobe 6
    Rev B - Intensity is 6 / Strobe 5 (16 bit)

Rev A Strobe:

0 to 1 percent = shutter open
    2 to 100 percent = strobe (slow to fast)

Rev B Strobe:

0 to 4 percent = shutter open
    5 to 97 percent = strobe (slow to fast)
    98 to 100 percent = shutter open

I don't see a real shutter closed position in my testing. With Intensity up, the shutter open and strobe are effective.

The other difference is in number of DMX channels. Rev A has a reset fixture at DMX 15. Rev B puts that function in DMX channel 14 and therefore is one DMX channel less.

The last item was the segment chase on DMX channel 13 where the speed was not controllable.

Thanks for your attention on this!

John
Children
Related