Gio @5 is missing my keystrokes

Hi,

At first I thought it was me, but it's happening way too much where the @5 misses my keystrokes. 

For example: An LD asks me to kill channels 201 thru 203.  I type it in and the whole set goes dark.  I look at my command line and it says 20 thru 203 Out.  Undo.. I type it again.

And it's not my hands, fat fingers or potato chip crumbs stuck in the keys.

I reached out to other @5 owners and I'm not the only one this is happening too.  I'm bringing it up here because it's making it very difficult to trust the commands I'm typing in.  Having used an Ion and Gio over the past decade I've never had a problem with keystrokes.  Well not since ETC changed the original keycaps from flat to curved.

If there's a way to investigate this I'm up for suggestions.  I can email my showfile or logs if that would help.

Thanks,
Jason

Parents
  • I am reading all these comments and wonder what ETC is doing about this issue. Lots of confirmations but haven't seen anything indicating that at all. I just purchased an XE, which I read is included in this issue and am very concerned about this issue along with many other issues that seem to be showing up regarding the new consoles. I took the training class last week and experienced three issues on the training console at that time. One (a pop up display window would not close after exiting the particular screen) was addressed as a known bug, one (hold down Fader Page and enter a number to change pages but nothing happened.) was sent off to the techs and the other one not addressed at all other than a few head scratches. It had to do with not being able to select colors in the color picker. Click and no response at all. Happened twice in the 4 days.

• I am reading all these comments and wonder what ETC is doing about this issue. Lots of confirmations but haven't seen anything indicating that at all. I just purchased an XE, which I read is included in this issue and am very concerned about this issue along with many other issues that seem to be showing up regarding the new consoles. I took the training class last week and experienced three issues on the training console at that time. One (a pop up display window would not close after exiting the particular screen) was addressed as a known bug, one (hold down Fader Page and enter a number to change pages but nothing happened.) was sent off to the techs and the other one not addressed at all other than a few head scratches. It had to do with not being able to select colors in the color picker. Click and no response at all. Happened twice in the 4 days.

Children
No Data
Related