Submasters

It arrived! Had heart attack when I saw the packaging. Total top of box trashed by rain and had fallen to pieces. Somehow the unit inside was in good condition. Why Oh why do they use DisplayPort sockets and/or perhaps worse supply DisplayPort to DVI adaptors. Hello ETC, try HDMI. SO now waiting on DisplayPort/HDMI converters. Having go that off my chest on to the real question;

Submasters: We always use faders as submasters. 1/ Do I need to do anything special to 'assign', 'direct', whatever the faders as/to Submasters. The Fader List screen says thisngs like Fader 1/1/ Mapped to S1 - Hopefully that's means Submaster 1 - correct?  2/ Pictures of keyboard and most videos show one button beneath each fader (we call it the bump button) But the Element 2 had two such buttons. Is there a video on this specifically I.E. The why/whats and hows of the two? Wading through manual now.

Parents
  • There is a Fader Config tab in EOS.
    You can assign many different things to a Fader from Submasters to CueLists and more.
    Yes, S1 = Submaster 1

The buttons configure to whatever depending upon what the Fader is assigned as.
    By default:
    A submaster - Top Button: Select as Group/Assert \ Bottom button: Bump
    A CueList - Top Button: Stop/Back \ Bottom Button: Go
    All can be assigned in the Fader Config tab.
  • Great news on the S1 = Submaster 1, so when I haul this to the theatre, folks (used to the Expression III) aren't going to have too much shock. Bump, I'm happy with. The Group/Assert I need to read up on. I will just tell folks to use the bottom button for bump. My manual (p87) shows a picture in "Fader Configuration" with 3 buttons. One above the fader and the Fader List screen has a column for button 1 = "Load" Hmm! If only I had the DisplayPort / HDMI dongle I could be trying this out.
  • Simply speaking... The Group/Assert selects all of the channels contained within that submaster as if it were a Group.

Pressing the bottom two buttons at the same time acts the same as pressing the top "Load" button.
  • Ok - Thanks for the Group/Assert. Clearly our use of the Expression III was extremely limited hence a new world of "asserts" and so on. But it will come. So the Number "1" (in the list) I.E. the button above the fader is really Button 2 and 3 pressed simultaneously. Aha! I can live with that. I paid extra to get the DisplayPort/HDMI cables shipped overnight so I can see some live action at last.
  • Ok - Thanks for the Group/Assert. Clearly our use of the Expression III was extremely limited hence a new world of "asserts" and so on. But it will come. So the Number "1" (in the list) I.E. the button above the fader is really Button 2 and 3 pressed simultaneously. Aha! I can live with that. I paid extra to get the DisplayPort/HDMI cables shipped overnight so I can see some live action at last.
Children
No Data
Related