Cold Spark devices

I originally asked to have a Cold Spark device put into the ETC library and after a couple of back and forths with Matt he advised me ETC does not create any profiles for potential Pyro devices.

It threw me for a loop because the originators of these devices were telling everyone at LDI two years ago that these devices have been deemed by the Fire Marshalls as NON-Pyro devices. I waited a couple of years before purchasing two of them and was told even at that time they are not Pyro devices and through the demos shown how paper, hands, etc. are not burned or affected by the spark output. You will see many videos depicting that very thing.

Well I replied to Matt that they have been determined non-Pyro and he sent me a link from the Texas Fire Marshall that they have been placed in the Pyro category and therefore follow all those regulations.

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/fire/documents/fmnoticesparku.pdf

I have been a bit uncomfortable anyway using them but trusting all the sellers, including the originators, that they are safe and are not Pyro devices and this locked in my decision to NOT use them.

I had been going back and forth with my seller about returning them when I first got them as I was getting cold feet however they wanted to charge me such a ridiculous fee for the return I considered the purchase a costly lesson learned and did not return them.

So now the discussion with Matt has been locked and I just wanted to reply with a big Thank You for the information AND I want to warn everyone out there when you are considering purchasing these devices that if one State Fire Marshall can call them Pyro then it will most likely follow that others will and even so, that puts the game into another whole playing field. Be very careful what you decide!!!!!

Thank you once again Matt and ETC.

Parents
  • For what it's worth, I feel Texas is a somewhat unique situation.

Due to state law, High School Arts programmes are funded at the same level as their sports programmes.

That means lots of untrained students having access to expensive equipment.

An abundance of caution is probably a good thing.

(for them and for us.)

• For what it's worth, I feel Texas is a somewhat unique situation.

Due to state law, High School Arts programmes are funded at the same level as their sports programmes.

That means lots of untrained students having access to expensive equipment.

An abundance of caution is probably a good thing.

(for them and for us.)

Children
No Data
Related