Multiple ip addresses on Nomad.

Is there any likelyhood of Nomad being able to utilise a second ip address as the consoles can? Or is that a purposeful limitation? 

Parents
  • What were you actually wanting to do with the second ip address.

I'm asking as at least on Mac Nomads you can have 2 ip addresses.   I have a wired LAN connection that goes to my sACN/Artnet stuff and on the wifi I can control Nomads with oscRFR and iRFR (classic). 

• That's precisely what I was hoping to be able to do. Rig control on one ip and remote access on a second ip. Not available on pc Nomad as far as I'm aware. 

• I tried this on a windows 10 notebook with Nomads and it actually works for me.

Its a little strange in that it doesn't show the second network on the setup but it seems that if when you do the setup you have the wifi off so you select the wired interface for the rig then if later on you bring the software up with the wired interface connected and the wifi connected it quite happily receives OSC over the wifi and sends to the rig on the wired LAN.

It does kind of make sesne that as long as EOS knows where to send the DMX to,  that its not going to explicitly say only accept OSC on the networks you are sending DMX on,  so it probably simply isn't fussed about adding a filter to the socket listen to restrict to a specific network. 

• I tried this on a windows 10 notebook with Nomads and it actually works for me.

Its a little strange in that it doesn't show the second network on the setup but it seems that if when you do the setup you have the wifi off so you select the wired interface for the rig then if later on you bring the software up with the wired interface connected and the wifi connected it quite happily receives OSC over the wifi and sends to the rig on the wired LAN.

It does kind of make sesne that as long as EOS knows where to send the DMX to,  that its not going to explicitly say only accept OSC on the networks you are sending DMX on,  so it probably simply isn't fussed about adding a filter to the socket listen to restrict to a specific network. 

Children
No Data
Related