Universe use

I have four moving lights. i am currently full in Universe 2  but still have room in Universe one which is hooked to my dimmer rack. Can I still  use the first universe to add these lights and how would i patch that?

• this comes down to physical outputs. is there a dmx socket with universe 1 left, or do you have an unused output that you can assign to be universe 1?

to patch it you go to patch display, choose the channel numbers you want to use, select type and then the start address of the first one

• Or if you cant actually get to the universe 1 DMX  just add a $100-$150  sACN/Artnet to DMX converter to give you universe 3  (even if you are limited by licence counts they can be spread over more universe than just count/512) 

(I had the same kind of situ with an Ion with universe one the dmx racks and no easy way to get a dmx out and universe 2 the intelligents but all used, so just added a new universe for my additions to the house rig)

• Alternative to that what others said, you can also get some cheap DMX-splitter and put that between your Consoles DMX-out for Universe 1 and the DMX-Rack of the house.

Related