Element 2 DMX Outputs

We are purchasing an Element 2 and are planning out an upgraded DMX distribution network.  My question is:

On the 1024 model, are all four DMX ports usable?  Or are the 3rd and 4th ports only there for the 12U upgrade?  I'd like to send my second universe out of ports 2-4 to distribute across the venue.  Im wondering if I can do this straight out of the console, or if I need to get a splitter or network node.

Parents
  • Yes. As best I understand you could easily use all 4 outputs, set them to the same universe or use all different universes or whatever. 

I've not had my hands on an E2 but the way Eos family consoles limit outputs is by DMX slots (single address count) not by universes or ports. You can run 102 fixtures that use 10 slots each. These fixtures can be in any universe, up to some silly high number of universes. But not 103 of those fixtures, even on 3 ports. 

• Yes. As best I understand you could easily use all 4 outputs, set them to the same universe or use all different universes or whatever. 

I've not had my hands on an E2 but the way Eos family consoles limit outputs is by DMX slots (single address count) not by universes or ports. You can run 102 fixtures that use 10 slots each. These fixtures can be in any universe, up to some silly high number of universes. But not 103 of those fixtures, even on 3 ports. 

Children
No Data
Related