startup macro

Hi This is a bug report!

The startup macro that i have to lamp on moving lights in sequence has stoped working in 2.7 all versions form 7.1 to 7.4

Everything fires correctly in 2.6 all versions unfortunately i only get to test this once a year as i program panto annually and don't really want to downgrade as I'm using the multi cell features from 2.7.

The macro not firing is not a problem for myself as i am a skilled programmer  but the operators are not and something that worked previously and not now is a major step backwards.

Parents
  • Can you post the macro so the smart people here can take a shot at diagnosing why it might not be working now?

FWIW, I program lamp on macros into the channel checks in the cue list. Our console is typically powered up hours before the stage closes and it would be a waste of lamp life to strike them that early.

• I hope your not insinuating  that I'm less than smart..lol

(*=Enter)

The macro is a simple

201+202 Lamp_Conrtol Lamp_On*

Wait Macro1 *

601 Lamp_Control Lamp_On_Lamp_Power_100*

602 Lamp_Control Lamp_On_Lamp_Power_100*

and so fourth for the rest of the movers

ended with go to cur 0.2 (movers home)

• No insuation implied. There are a lot of bright people on this forum who have stumbled across just about every issue there is to trip over. Since nobody has previously reported an issue with startup macros and 2.7 has been out for a while, it follows that there's something rare about your configuration or usage.

Assuming the startup macro is configured in the system settings and the console is the primary there ought to be entries in the diagnostics tab (tab 99) for each instruction the macro fired. If they aren't there then the macro didn't fire. I tried in a 2.8 beta version using my lamp-on macro as a startup macro and it works as expected. There are some differences from what you've typed... I use group and offset to lamp on several at once and Macro_Wait 5 instead of Wait Macro 1, which might be a transcription issue.  The macro is configured to run in the background, which might make a difference.

If the entries are in the log but the lamps aren't striking it might be a networking or fixture issue. For instance, my fixtures need to finish their POST (power on self-test) before they will accept any DMX instructions. That takes about a minute once their relays energize. If the lamp-on command is sent too early it will be ignored.

• No insuation implied. There are a lot of bright people on this forum who have stumbled across just about every issue there is to trip over. Since nobody has previously reported an issue with startup macros and 2.7 has been out for a while, it follows that there's something rare about your configuration or usage.

Assuming the startup macro is configured in the system settings and the console is the primary there ought to be entries in the diagnostics tab (tab 99) for each instruction the macro fired. If they aren't there then the macro didn't fire. I tried in a 2.8 beta version using my lamp-on macro as a startup macro and it works as expected. There are some differences from what you've typed... I use group and offset to lamp on several at once and Macro_Wait 5 instead of Wait Macro 1, which might be a transcription issue.  The macro is configured to run in the background, which might make a difference.

If the entries are in the log but the lamps aren't striking it might be a networking or fixture issue. For instance, my fixtures need to finish their POST (power on self-test) before they will accept any DMX instructions. That takes about a minute once their relays energize. If the lamp-on command is sent too early it will be ignored.

Children
Related