2.8.0.92 - Manual Version

I've just upgraded a Nomad install to 2.8.0.92

When I open the manual (Tab 100), the manual says it is:

Eos Family Operations Manual Supplement Version: 2.4.1 Rev A

Release Date: 2016-09

This doesn't seem to be the full manual, just the supplement.  I can't search either.  When I click in the search box and then type it ends up on the command line instead as keyboard shortcuts.

Is this expected behavior? Or is there something I should do to view a newer version of the manual?

Thanks

Parents
  • I just read the following in the Release Notes for 2.8.0 so I'll try this next:

Help Pack To update your console or offline software to a new revision or translation of the manual, you will need to download a help pack from the ETC website, load it to a USB device, and then transfer it to your console from the USB port using the Eos Configuration Utility (a.k.a. Eos Shell).

To install a help pack:

1: Download the pack from the ETC website,etcconnect.com, on the appropriate product page. The help pack may also be bundled with software.

2: Transfer the zipped file to a USB memory device.

3: Insert the USB device containing the file into an available USB port on the console.

4: Open the Eos Configuration Utility (ECU - Also known as the Eos Shell) either by exiting the Eos Family software (Browser>Exit) or by starting up the console and clicking on the {Launching in...} button. The ECU screen will open.

5: Click on the {Settings} button. The settings window will open.

6: Click on the {General} button inside of the settings window. The general settings will appear in the window.

7: Scroll down in the window until the {Software Update...} button is visible. Click this button.

8: This scans the root directory of all available drives (USB drives) for valid files.

9: When the “Update Software” dialog pops up, click on the zip file, then click {Install}.

10: When the installation is complete, click the {Close} button.

• I also upgraded an ION Xe20 today, using the same file but the Xe has now the new version 2.8 of the manual so there is a wrinkle in upgrading on a PC it seems.  The PC with the manual upgrade issue is a Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 machine if that matters.

Reply Children
Related