2.8.0.92 - Manual Version

I've just upgraded a Nomad install to 2.8.0.92

When I open the manual (Tab 100), the manual says it is:

Eos Family Operations Manual Supplement Version: 2.4.1 Rev A

Release Date: 2016-09

This doesn't seem to be the full manual, just the supplement.  I can't search either.  When I click in the search box and then type it ends up on the command line instead as keyboard shortcuts.

Is this expected behavior? Or is there something I should do to view a newer version of the manual?

Thanks

Parents
  • I just read the following in the Release Notes for 2.8.0 so I'll try this next:

Help Pack To update your console or offline software to a new revision or translation of the manual, you will need to download a help pack from the ETC website, load it to a USB device, and then transfer it to your console from the USB port using the Eos Configuration Utility (a.k.a. Eos Shell).

To install a help pack:

1: Download the pack from the ETC website,etcconnect.com, on the appropriate product page. The help pack may also be bundled with software.

2: Transfer the zipped file to a USB memory device.

3: Insert the USB device containing the file into an available USB port on the console.

4: Open the Eos Configuration Utility (ECU - Also known as the Eos Shell) either by exiting the Eos Family software (Browser>Exit) or by starting up the console and clicking on the {Launching in...} button. The ECU screen will open.

5: Click on the {Settings} button. The settings window will open.

6: Click on the {General} button inside of the settings window. The general settings will appear in the window.

7: Scroll down in the window until the {Software Update...} button is visible. Click this button.

8: This scans the root directory of all available drives (USB drives) for valid files.

9: When the “Update Software” dialog pops up, click on the zip file, then click {Install}.

10: When the installation is complete, click the {Close} button.

• I also upgraded an ION Xe20 today, using the same file but the Xe has now the new version 2.8 of the manual so there is a wrinkle in upgrading on a PC it seems.  The PC with the manual upgrade issue is a Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 machine if that matters.

• I think it must depend on something specific in the PC setup - I updated my work computer (Win 7) today and the 2.8.0 manual was installed with the 2.8.0 Nomad installation.

• I loaded it on a different PC and the Manual is fine on that one?  Also a Win 7 SP-1 machine.  As you said, it must be something specific in the PC setup, though I don't know what.

• So I called ETC Tech Support to see if they had seen this before. They hadn't, but had seen this thread and were looking into this.

I had a beta version of 2.8 on this machine; that's what I upgraded from, so that may be the issue, I don't know.

Another possibility is that I own several Canon EOS cameras so have (Canon) EOS Utility software on this computer so maybe that creates a conflict somewhere (not likely but who knows).

Anyway, Tech Support suggested I do a complete uninstall from Windows control panel so I did, restarted the computer and then reinstalled 2.8.0.92 by unzipping the file to the desktop so I could right click on it and choose install as an administrator.

It installed normally but the manual is still stuck at Eos Family Operations Manual Supplement Version: 2.4.1 Rev A.

Oh well...

• We have something else we would like you to try, if you are willing.  Give us a ring and mention your notification (300732975) and we can explain our theory.

• I updated my Nomad PC (Win 10) from a 2.8 beta to 2.8 release and the tab 100 manual is still the 2.4.1 supplement. I don't know if that was the case with the beta software as I didn't specifically check.

To recap my tab 100 situation:

• Work computer (Win 7) - installing 2.8 beta installed 2.4.1 manual, update to 2.8 release installed 2.8 manual.
    • Nomad PC (Win 10) - not sure if 2.8 beta installed old manual, but update to 2.8 release left the manual at 2.4.1.

-Todd

• Unfortunately what we asked Salazar to try didn't work- so we are still looking into this.
    Would both of you be willing to check the following file locations on the machines with the incorrect manual and tell us what files are there?  

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos\Docs\ or C:\ProgramData\ETC\Eos\Docs\

In particular we are wondering if you have a file called Docs\Resources\1033.ver

Can you please let us know?

Thanks!

• Hi saranow,

When I look in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos\Docs\ there are three folders inside:

• DE
    • EN
    • Resources

Inside Resources is only: EosHelpLinks.xml  dated 9/16/2016

When I follow the other path, C:\ProgramData\ETC\Eos\Docs\

I see both of the following files:

• 1033.ver   dated 12/2/2018
    • EosHelpLinks_2.8.0.86   dated 12/12/2018

Ken H.

• Work PC (win 7) with correct manual:

• C:\ProgramData\ETC\Eos\Docs\Resources has the 1033.ver file dated 12/8/2018
    • C:\Users\tdrga\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos does not have a folder named Docs and no 1033.ver file.

-Todd

• I updated my laptop from 2.7.4 to 2.8.0 today and ran into the same problem.

Running Windows 10 Home

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos\Docs\Resources contains only EosHelpLinks.xml

C:\ProgramData\ETC\Eos\Docs\Resources contains:

EosHelpLinks_2.8.0.86.xml
    1033.ver
    EosHelpLinks.xml

• On my Nomad PC (Win 10 Pro) that has the old manual files:

• C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos\Docs\Resources only contains:
      • a file called EosHelpLinks.xml dated 9/16/2016
    • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ETC\Eos\Docs\EN\Resources only contains:
      • a file called EosHelpLinks.xml dated 7/25/2016
      • a folder named Scripts dated 10/3/2016
    • C:\ProgramData\ETC\Eos\Docs\Resources only contains:
      • the 1033.ver file dated 12/3/2018