Eos Intelligent Lights Power Suppy

I'm fairly new to programming, so pardon me if this is a well-known problem/solution.

Our theatre primarily uses dimmers and Vivid 11 LED units. Our LED units are powered by non-dim circuits. However, there is no parameter in the patch profile for any of our lighting fixtures to tell it the circuit number. We currently have Macros set up to run at top of show and end of show to park and unpark, respectively, the power supply circuits. 

My question is: is there any way to map my LED units to the addresses of the circuit that is powering them?

For example: channels 41-56 are Vivid11s. Channels 41-44 are powered by circuit/address 202, channels 45-48 to 204, etc. Is there a way to map channel 41-44 to address 202 so that I can park their power circuit at full?

Thanks for any help!

Parents
  • There is a semi-solution. You can attach the non-dim to the channel, but you will not be able to attach the same non-dim to multiple channels.

In patch you can create a second part for channel 41. This second part gets a new personality. To create it you start with a new personality in Patch>Fixtures. It will have a parameter Intens. Change this parameter to something useful, I usually use Output-Level. Finally you need to give this second part the address of your non-dim.

Now in live you can type Chan 41 Output-Level Full Enter, or Chan 41 Output-Level Full Park Enter

• Yes, I had tried adding second parts, but my problem is that we have multiple channels/fixtures being powered by a single non-dim. 

ETC should consider adding an the ability to add an address to multiple channels, because I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever have this issue. Unless some other reason it can't be done.

Thanks for the semi-solution. I guess for now, we'll keep changing macros every month when we hang a new show.

• Yes, I had tried adding second parts, but my problem is that we have multiple channels/fixtures being powered by a single non-dim. 

ETC should consider adding an the ability to add an address to multiple channels, because I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever have this issue. Unless some other reason it can't be done.

Thanks for the semi-solution. I guess for now, we'll keep changing macros every month when we hang a new show.

Children
Related