ETC NOMAD SET UP

WE recently upgraded to the ETC NOMAD with a Gadget 2 - really nice... 2 screens - working on getting a fader wing to satisfy my  "need" for a physical fader..  Slight smile

Now.... We did get the 512 output version.   (WHich is much better than our 20 year old Express 24/48  96 channel board and three broken faders)  I see there is an upgrade available to 6144 output for the dongle.   I take it that that is 12  512 Universes.   

I suppose the question  then becomes - with the gadget 2 I have two universe outputs... how would I attach/hook-up the other 10?  More gadget 2's ? How would my computer know which unit is which ( and do I have enough USB ports?  :) )   -

ANd if anyone is in Brooklyn and wants to stop by at our little theater, please let me know. I have coffee....

ED

Parents
  • You would normally drive larger number of universes via sACN/Artnet output over the Ethernet, its a lot more flexible (IMHO more reliable than USB things) .

You run the ethernet into one or more sACN/Artnet to DMX boxes.  You use nornal ethernet switches to join it all together which can massively simplify wiring  (ie a single cable from your FOH position to the stage)

If you do a amazon search for sACN dmx or artnet DMX you'll see a bunch of products that do this.   I use a pair of the DMXking ones but I'm sure the others are as good.   You can then also run the ethernet into other things like projection software on a laptop and use the DMX or OSC to  synchronise projection etc.

BTW the number of universes is not limited to 12, you could have many more universes,  its just the total number of DMX addresses that are limited (ie parameters being sent)

• You would normally drive larger number of universes via sACN/Artnet output over the Ethernet, its a lot more flexible (IMHO more reliable than USB things) .

You run the ethernet into one or more sACN/Artnet to DMX boxes.  You use nornal ethernet switches to join it all together which can massively simplify wiring  (ie a single cable from your FOH position to the stage)

If you do a amazon search for sACN dmx or artnet DMX you'll see a bunch of products that do this.   I use a pair of the DMXking ones but I'm sure the others are as good.   You can then also run the ethernet into other things like projection software on a laptop and use the DMX or OSC to  synchronise projection etc.

BTW the number of universes is not limited to 12, you could have many more universes,  its just the total number of DMX addresses that are limited (ie parameters being sent)

Children
Related