SGM G4 Wash Beam fixture profile

I'm using a couple of G4 wash beams. There seems to be some discrepancies in the fixture profile. The units are Red,Green, Blue, Amber, Mint LEDs. However, the fixture profile only gives me control of the Red Green and Blue emitters. Is this deliberate in the same way that the original coloursources did not give control of the lime emitter? 

Also the zoom range in the fixture profile runs between 9 and 76 degrees when the documentation for the unit says that the zoom range is 4.8 to 36. 9 to 76 is the listed spec for the G4 Wash, but the units are definitely patched as Wash Beams. 

Parents
  • Hello,

I believe what you are seeing with the color picker is likely related to this: https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Eos_Family/Software_and_Programming/Why_do_some_color_values_on_my_LED_fixtures_change_when_I_use_the_color_picker%2C_but_others_don't%3F

The ColorSource fixtures not giving control of lime was a bit different in this case. The fixture profile (from the fixture itself) did not offer control of the lime emitter in original release.  The fixture simply mixed it in automatically.  This was changed to allow people direct access to the lime emitter set.

As for the zoom range- is this simply a display issue and you are able to get the fixture to move to the full extents of it's zoom, or is the zoom limited?

Thank you,

Sasha

• Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link doesn't find a page. However, I might not have explained the issue clearly. It isn't just that I cant control the Amber and Mint emitters, they are not actually displayed on the moving light control screen, The fixture appears only as an RGB unit. I've checked the list of parameters for the fixture in the patch, and there are only DMX channels assigned for the RGB parameters. Red 5/6 Green 7/8  Blue 9/10 nothing assigned for Amber and Mint. Which is why I thought they may have been mixed in automatically like the original coloursource.

As for the zoom, the user range in the patch says 9 -76 and that is what is displayed on the controls. However I don't think the zoom is going anywhere near 76 degrees, more like 36. I've checked all the parameter ranges in the fixture library for both the Wash unit and the Wash/Beam. All the ranges, including zoom, are identical for both fixtures other than one of them claiming to have 0.5 degree more tilt. Hope this all makes sense.

• Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link doesn't find a page. However, I might not have explained the issue clearly. It isn't just that I cant control the Amber and Mint emitters, they are not actually displayed on the moving light control screen, The fixture appears only as an RGB unit. I've checked the list of parameters for the fixture in the patch, and there are only DMX channels assigned for the RGB parameters. Red 5/6 Green 7/8  Blue 9/10 nothing assigned for Amber and Mint. Which is why I thought they may have been mixed in automatically like the original coloursource.

As for the zoom, the user range in the patch says 9 -76 and that is what is displayed on the controls. However I don't think the zoom is going anywhere near 76 degrees, more like 36. I've checked all the parameter ranges in the fixture library for both the Wash unit and the Wash/Beam. All the ranges, including zoom, are identical for both fixtures other than one of them claiming to have 0.5 degree more tilt. Hope this all makes sense.

Children
  • Hello,

Sorry about the link not working.  I'm attempting to figure out why the forums seem to remove the %3F from the end of the link when you follow it, thus preventing the page from loading.  

That being said, you are right that this article would not help you if the parameters are not appearing at all.
    I took a look at the DMX Charts for this fixture (which I found here: https://sgmlight.com/products/architectural/g%C2%B74-wash) it does not appear that they give control of those parameters directly. They do give access to them via the Color Mix channel and this is the only place I can see where they do so.

Zoom does not appear to be limited in our profile- we are able to send from 0-255 for DMX, but show 9-76 as the user min/max based on the DMX charts I mentioned earlier.  If the fixture doesn't zoom as much as expected this might be a fixture issue.

Thank you,

Sasha

Related