Pixel mapping ColorSource PARs

I have pixel maps set up for my cyc lights (ColorForce 72), in a couple configurations, and they work fine. I have one set up for my ColorBlasts, and it works well enough. I was thinking of setting one up for my ColorSource deep blue PAR top lights, patched in direct/6 channel mode, but even though the preview tab (10) shows the pattern running, the lights don't actually turn on. Pixels are selected as patched channels, and work properly on their own. I'm sure it's an oversight on my part. 

Crossfade is usually set between 0 and -100. 

Parents Reply
  • I had this problem and the cause was that I was using fixtures that had an Intensity Master in their fixture profile. I had to ensure that those fixtures were Intensity FF while the individual colour values were null.

The PARs I was using were just RGBW and did not have this issue.

May not be the same issue here, but we can cross it off of the list.

Children
  • That seems to have been the issue. When I put the intensity channel on a fader, I can fade the intensity of the pixel map in and out.

Another odd issue I see, now that the map is working, is that when the chosen colour parameters are red and blue, the strobe parameter is triggering when the blue begins to shift into the red. Does not appear to strobe as red approaches blue. Worse on some default patterns than others. As playback speed slows, so does the tendency toward strobing.

Not a map I expect to use often, but a good thing to note otherwise.

Related