Mac250 and Mac250+ fixture profile, gobo problems

Dear ETC and EOS Family Team,

Yesterday I was in a venue with Mac250 and MAc250+ units (not Entour or Krypton). I had some problems with gobo control.

On the Mac250+, I was able to rotate the gobos continuously, but only in clockwise direction. On the Mac250 (classic / non Plus), I was completely unable to rotate the gobos continuously.

I checked the fixture profile, and for both of them, it appears the profile doesn't match Martin's definition.

See https://adn.harmanpro.com/site_elements/executables/5340_1526693820/MAC250_DMXchart_V1_original.pdf

and https://adn.harmanpro.com/site_elements/executables/3024_1526061574/UM_MAC250_EN_D_original.PDF page 22

EOS definition of the Mac250 (non plus) for DMX byte 5: DMX-value 0-255, user value -100 to +100. no subsections.
EOS definition of the Mac250+ for DMX byte 5: DMX-value 0-255. "Index" when Gobo wheel mode is Index, "Rot" when Gobo Wheel Mode is Rot, Rot Scan +, Spin + Rot, Spin - Rot

Martin's information for byte five (both Plus and classic): 0-2 no rotation, 3-127 CW rotation, 128-252 CCW rotation.

This (and other) information certainly doesn't align, and probably explains the problems I was seeing.

If I had regular access to such fixtures, I would attempt to adapt the fixture profile to make it work. However, I don't have access to any, so that probably isn't much of an option.

Kindest regards,

Daniel

Parents
  • Hi there,

Some updates from the Eos team on the complications of the Mac250 and Mac250+ profiles. 

1)  Counter clockwise spinning should be obtained by selecting “Spin – Rot” mode. We believe controlling the spin rate will be done by using the Gobo Select parameter. Controlling the rotating rate will be done through the Gobo Ind/Spd parameter.

2) Mac 250 Index mode on DMX 5 is missing and has been reported as an issue to fix. 

3) Mac 250 is missing is missing an index setting index, but for the Mac 250+ Gobo Ind/Spd changes based upon the mode. While in Index mode it varies from -197.5 to 197.5. While in Rotate modes it varies from -100 to 100%. It appears that the Mac 250+ profile is correct, but the Mac 250 is broken as mentioned in item (2). 

Best,

Therese

• Hi there,

Some updates from the Eos team on the complications of the Mac250 and Mac250+ profiles. 

1)  Counter clockwise spinning should be obtained by selecting “Spin – Rot” mode. We believe controlling the spin rate will be done by using the Gobo Select parameter. Controlling the rotating rate will be done through the Gobo Ind/Spd parameter.

2) Mac 250 Index mode on DMX 5 is missing and has been reported as an issue to fix. 

3) Mac 250 is missing is missing an index setting index, but for the Mac 250+ Gobo Ind/Spd changes based upon the mode. While in Index mode it varies from -197.5 to 197.5. While in Rotate modes it varies from -100 to 100%. It appears that the Mac 250+ profile is correct, but the Mac 250 is broken as mentioned in item (2). 

Best,

Therese

Children
No Data
Related