Can we get a way to save a “base” file that acts as a default that cannot be charged/updated without a password. Like a default file. I understand Cobalt has this and EOS users would enjoy it. This would help in multi user light labs and rental venues.

Can we get a way to save a “base” file that acts as a default that cannot be charged/updated without a password. Like a default file. I understand Cobalt has this and EOS users would enjoy it. This would help in multi user light labs and rental venues.

Parents
  • It's impossible to change a file. Every time you "Update" your show file, it creates a brand new file which includes a unique timestamp in its name.

Save a file named "Base" & load it when you want to start a new show.

• That is true of course.  But when we have 12 students in a light lab all working on different files that started out based on the "base: and the "saved as" when  they return to the system later after other users they can mistakenly save over the "base:" it can become confusing to them.  While we can keep the "base": is a secure place it might be helpful to have a "default file" that cannot be altered without a password. I understand that Cobalt system have this.    

• That is true of course.  But when we have 12 students in a light lab all working on different files that started out based on the "base: and the "saved as" when  they return to the system later after other users they can mistakenly save over the "base:" it can become confusing to them.  While we can keep the "base": is a secure place it might be helpful to have a "default file" that cannot be altered without a password. I understand that Cobalt system have this.    

Children
No Data
Related