Nomad for Mac drops connects and drops DMX?

I'm trying to use a Nomad dongle to run 2 universes of DMX though a Gadget II.  I'm running over an older Macbook pro 13" and headed into my dimming system via a net2 input node. It seems to connect initially and bring up the loaded Cue and relays, but within 2 seconds it dumps all DMX.  If i fire another cue, it will bring those lights up again for a moment and then dump them again.  Any thoughts?

Parents
  • i attempted to change the DMX speed thinking that slowing down the data would effect some kind of change.  It has allowed the lights to turn on for 5 sec, then off for 5 sec, then on.  it seems as though there is a data stream issue that is not continuous. 

• It feels like you do have something else sending commands as well, and slowing the speed has just shifted the timing around a bit as to when the other thing gets to interrupt or something.  I think I would be trying to test things with nothing else connected that could be sending the conflicting stuff - you've turned off other consoles but does the hall have any wall plates that also control the house lights as they could be sending commands on the network as well and produce the kind of thing you are seeing.

• It feels like you do have something else sending commands as well, and slowing the speed has just shifted the timing around a bit as to when the other thing gets to interrupt or something.  I think I would be trying to test things with nothing else connected that could be sending the conflicting stuff - you've turned off other consoles but does the hall have any wall plates that also control the house lights as they could be sending commands on the network as well and produce the kind of thing you are seeing.

Children
Related