Adding universes to EOS Ti

We are currently running an EOS Ti 4k with a 4 port ACN gateway. We are not using either of the DMX outputs and everything is connected through the gateway (4 universes). It was actually only today that I discovered our console has 4096 outputs; this I knew, but I had not done the math to realize that we are not using half of these outputs. We were scratching our heads because we feel it is time to add more universes and it was looking like we need to purchase an upgrade. In actuality, I need to figure out how to access outputs 2049 - 4096!

There does not, or I am not able to find good documentation on how to set this up and I am not a network genius. I do understand that I can change the outputs of the local DMX to whatever I choose, and I could set DMX 1 and 2 to be universe 5 or 6. However, how do I change settings so that the gateway's ports 1 through 4 are universes 3-6 respectively if I wanted DMX 1 and 2 to be universe 1 and 2.

Furthermore, scratch the idea of using the DMX outputs on the console. As I said, we've realized we still have capability for 8 universes. Quite simply, I'd like to know how to access the other 4 that we're not using. I'd assume that we need another four port gateway, but how do I set this up to receive outputs 2097 through 4096?

I hope my thoughts make sense to you all! Slight smile

Thank you,

Craig

Related