2 Element questions on Submasters

So I volunteered to run lights for a show that my kids were in yesterday. I only had a few hours to get familiar with the Element console and the venue. I was able to program 3 submasters with banks of lights that I planned on using throughout the show. Unfortunately I got cocky and things went awry.

1. During the introduction some people were standing front and center on the stage talking. I selected two channels and ran them up using the wheel (the channels turned red to indicate manual control rather than yellow for submaster control). When I went back to using the submaster fader I assumed that the two channels would revert to being part of the submaster. They did not - they stayed on manual control forever. How do I set the channels back to submaster control? I couldn't find an answer in the manual. This caused me problems for the rest of the show, which led to...

2. In an effort to fix some of the issues I tried to reprogram my submaster on the fly. I remember selecting some channels and pressing Record / Sub / 2 / Enter. It asked me to confirm and I did. At this point a whole bunch of channels unexpectedly came on full, including of course the house lights. I tried a few things that didn't work, so I had to grab the channel list and start selecting/Outing the house lights. After that submaster 2 no longer worked until I changed it to a Subtractive submaster - I'm guessing something had overridden my channels. Any idea what the heck I might have done wrong?

I have to say I loved working with the Element console and I may do this again in the future. Thanks for the help!

• 1. To release manual (red) values, use the [Sneak] key. You can select channels to sneak or if you do [Sneak][Enter] with a clear commend line it will sneak all manual values back to the cue or sub that had control.

2. Not sure what you did, possibly mis-typed your channel selection? 1 through 10 vs 1 thru 100? To see what is recorded in Sub 2, you can press [Blind][Sub]2[Enter]. This will show you the contents of Sub 2. Any channels that you don't want in the sub can be removed by setting them to [At][Enter], i.e. 1 thru 10 [At]Enter] will remove them from the sub. You can also [Delete][Sub]2 and start over.

-Todd

Related