Bug: sneak to CPx + CPy ignores sneak time

Hi, 

I have found today that the following just snaps ignoring sneak time

Chan X thru y sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

While this will smoothly transition

Chan X thru y sneak time 4 color palette 2 thru 4

But obviously gives a pattern including cp3.

Running 2.8.2.11 on a fully unlocked gio with display ports. Channels are LED fixtures, a mixture of types.

• I have found out that this depends on how many channels or (sub)groups you are applying your palettes on. 

Examples: How many channels are in your "X thru Y" selection ? How would you like the console to assing 2 Color Palettes on say 7 channels ? (1+2+3+4) and (5+6+7) have the same color or (1+3+5+7) and (2+4+6) ?

The Sneak time gets respected when you define the correct numbers, so in your case for example:

- Chan 1 thru 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 InterLeave sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Chan Per Group 5 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan (1+3+5+7+9) + (2+4+6+8+10) sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

...and so on.

I cannot tell if what you are describing is expected behavior or not, but the above works as workaround at least.

Cheers,

Matthias

• I did not try any of this, but doesn't the console fan the color if you use two CPs? And repeat the CPs if you use more than two CPs? That's how it should work (and does work, at least if you don't use sneak)

• It does, just not respecting sneak time.

I suspect the above is true and the lack of respect for sneak time comes when the desk is expected to generate it's own colour values but not sure if that is true. 

Not actually busking on ours for a while as it's panto.

• I tried "1 thru 10 color pallet 5 time 1 thru 10 hoping to get a delay over the fixtures but only got a snap, even if I had manual times up to.

It's maybe a color over time problem. 

• You need the "Sneak" command somewhere in there if you want to live fade things.

Your command assigns fanned discrete times (and also color palette 5) to those channels (to record into a cue).

As mentiones above, Sneak works with multiple Color Palettes if you have the correct amount of channels / grouping in your command.

Related