Ion Cases

Hello All,

I am looking to get a case for our Ion and our hopefully soon to be ordered Eos.  There were a couple of threads that I got some information from ...I am sending info to "Caravan Cases".  But I am wondering if anybody has cases that they'd like to brag on or things that they wish they would have thought of.  This is what I'd like to have:

• Case for Ion and one 2x20 wing
  • keyboard / mouse
  • Power cable / two little lites
  • I'd like to keep it living in the bottom of the case but it'd have to be small enough so things can be *easily* plugged in.

Same thing for the EOS!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Pat

Parents
  • HI Pat, I had a Custom Case Made for My Ion w/ Room a 2 x 20 Wing in the Future,  The Two Touch Screens are bolted to the Platform in the Case, Under the Console is a 4u Double Wide Rack Space w/ Drawer for Combined Keyboard and Mouse, Iso Splitters, and a Drawer.   All wiring is Completely Hidden, , Just Plug the Case in (everything is wired to a Battery Back-Up, and Run Data to the Front of the ISO Splitters.

The screens Fold Flat, Drop Over Lid, with 3rd Lid for the Top Portion.

I love my Case, is Very effective and requires a 5 Minute Set-Up Time, The Case even Hold 5 Bases, 5 Short Uprights 4 Cross Bars and Drape to Mask the Console and case off during an event.  Its very heavy at about 300 lbs or so, so its a Two Person lift to raise to Operating Level.

Hope this Helps.  Please let me know if their are any more questions or comments!!

Thanks Aaron

• Hello VSP,

Who made this wonderful case for you? I know this was a while ago, but I need what you have! :-)

Thanks,

-JC
  • Hi JC....So that case was made a WHILE ago... I believe a company out of LA built the original case, which I later decided to have completely re-build into more of a rolling desk desk design. It was set-up so all you had to do was roll the case inside, open the lids, apply power and connect DMX Cable and u were up and running everything was wired within the case. My ION has since been sold I I now have a GIO in a very similar case. Call Austin at Roadcase.com, and ask him to send you the photo of the case he made for VSP's GIO. Plan on spending $3500 but its well worth the case since the craftsmanship is amazing. I'm sure he can modify it for the ion with no issues at all and maybe even shrink it a bit. Hope this help and let him know i gave u his number. FYI using pelicans is great for something, but if you want a High End Professional FOH look, a rolling desk is the way to go. Speeds up the load out...takes me 5 minutes and the console is packed and ready to roll.
  • Hi JC....So that case was made a WHILE ago... I believe a company out of LA built the original case, which I later decided to have completely re-build into more of a rolling desk desk design. It was set-up so all you had to do was roll the case inside, open the lids, apply power and connect DMX Cable and u were up and running everything was wired within the case. My ION has since been sold I I now have a GIO in a very similar case. Call Austin at Roadcase.com, and ask him to send you the photo of the case he made for VSP's GIO. Plan on spending $3500 but its well worth the case since the craftsmanship is amazing. I'm sure he can modify it for the ion with no issues at all and maybe even shrink it a bit. Hope this help and let him know i gave u his number. FYI using pelicans is great for something, but if you want a High End Professional FOH look, a rolling desk is the way to go. Speeds up the load out...takes me 5 minutes and the console is packed and ready to roll.
Children
No Data
Related