Net3 Radio Focus Remote Battery Issues

I have been trying to use our new RFR and every time I go to unplug the mini-USB from the charging port the unit dies. Could this be caused by a bad battery? When plugged in the unit functions normally and seems to always have a low battery warning but is still usable. When charging the unit is kept in the off position with the switch on top of the unit.

Thanks,

Zach

Parents
  • I've also had battery issues, especially since upgrading the RFR and basestation software.

After leaving the batteries (newish) batteries on the charger for 24 hours, I go to focus.  It seems I get to half-battery indicator in 20 - 30 minutes.  After 90 minutes (total) of use, I get down to 1/4 battery remaining.  After 3 hours, the battery indicator is empty, yet teh RFR still runs, for quite a while it seems.

This is the reverse of the indicators prior to the upgrade, where it would last quite a while near "full", but as soon as it hit 1/4 remaining, I knew I had only 20 - 30 minutes left.

Any thoughts, ETC, about how long the remote will last once the battery indicator is showing Empty?

Thanks

Andrew Riter

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.

• I understand my usage on a film & TV set is different than a stage focus, but I too had terrible battery life, and I got into the habit of turning off the RFR immediately after using it.  I have taught the gaffer that I'm, "booting up", when he asks for something and I'm on set w/ the rfr and it is currently off. He understands that is the price to pay if I'm not sitting @ the console. There have been shots where I was sitting on set to take the lighting cue; I run a stinger to my position and operate the RFR without turning it off. I don't know if that would work for you in your space, but if you're @ a podium or table, maybe that would work. Then when you need to walk away with the RFR, just unplug & go. I didn't like the RFR on my belt unprotected, as I am climbing thru the greenbeds & perms, so I first placed a screen protector on it, then, I got my wardrobe 'set costumer' to build me a leather case. I love it. I had him work off the case I have for my Color Meter III. I had him put double cut aways on because I didn't know which way would be most convenient - keys facing me, or keys facing out. Turns out I prefer keys out.

• I understand my usage on a film & TV set is different than a stage focus, but I too had terrible battery life, and I got into the habit of turning off the RFR immediately after using it.  I have taught the gaffer that I'm, "booting up", when he asks for something and I'm on set w/ the rfr and it is currently off. He understands that is the price to pay if I'm not sitting @ the console. There have been shots where I was sitting on set to take the lighting cue; I run a stinger to my position and operate the RFR without turning it off. I don't know if that would work for you in your space, but if you're @ a podium or table, maybe that would work. Then when you need to walk away with the RFR, just unplug & go. I didn't like the RFR on my belt unprotected, as I am climbing thru the greenbeds & perms, so I first placed a screen protector on it, then, I got my wardrobe 'set costumer' to build me a leather case. I love it. I had him work off the case I have for my Color Meter III. I had him put double cut aways on because I didn't know which way would be most convenient - keys facing me, or keys facing out. Turns out I prefer keys out.

Children
No Data
Related