Net3 Radio Focus Remote Battery Issues

I have been trying to use our new RFR and every time I go to unplug the mini-USB from the charging port the unit dies. Could this be caused by a bad battery? When plugged in the unit functions normally and seems to always have a low battery warning but is still usable. When charging the unit is kept in the off position with the switch on top of the unit.

Thanks,

Zach

Parents
  • I see from this thread (and others) that EOS family RFU Battery issues have quite a "long beard"... sadly so does mine! it is a genuine "power hog" in the same way like all described in the previous posts, just even worse!
    if I'm not turning it of after each set of "focused chan. out/new chan. on" command, it is very unlikely I'll finish focusing (that usually lasts between 1,5 to 2 hrs) without it depleting the battery! in addition to that, when battery is low, it starts to frequently loose base station connection (usually just after it "found" it again, few sec. after... like, within"chan. xy on" command)! and, if battery isn't at least 60% full, it has a problem of reaching the base station, placed 12-15m away, behind the dry wall...
    so, cause many years passed since the problem was noticed, I was wandering if there's anything new about eventual improvement (if not even solution) of Net3 RFU battery life?! what baffles me even more is that similarly looking device of Congo/Cobalt family "lasts" for days without recharging (at least so I'm told by my colleague that have it with Congo jr console)!

gratefull for any kind of info about that...

consoles are Gio and Ion running latest software available and RFU unit displays 2.15 number when boots up and it operates on 2.410Ghz

god I miss old and almost indestructible remote from Expression family consoles... they worked from "cafeteria across the street" and their 9V battery lasted for months and months...
  • This may be a left field answer but using the Iphone or android remote might be a better approach now?
  • thanks, we did... but it is kind of unpractical to "climb&dangle" over stage portals, bridges and ladders, having "touchscreen" device strapped to your belt or hanged around your neck... if they get banged against something, they tend to break.... over time, we accidently dropped old Expression's RFU few times (and banged it countless times) from our main bridge (some 8+ m high) and it still works... I can't imagine the same with touchscreen phone ;)
  • thanks, we did... but it is kind of unpractical to "climb&dangle" over stage portals, bridges and ladders, having "touchscreen" device strapped to your belt or hanged around your neck... if they get banged against something, they tend to break.... over time, we accidently dropped old Expression's RFU few times (and banged it countless times) from our main bridge (some 8+ m high) and it still works... I can't imagine the same with touchscreen phone ;)
Children
No Data
Related