Spec for Vision Console

Does anyone have a spec for the Vision console?  I found the manual in the ETC downloads section, but alas it doesn't hint at channel capacity, cue capacity, etc.  A theater company I work with is considering buying a used one, and I'm trying to figure out if it will meet their needs.

Thanks,

Josh 

Parents
  • Josh,

I couldn't find a spec sheet right away but I do have some info for you.

Channels: 100

Cues: 200

DD 3.5" disk drive

Options included:

DMX Out

D192 Out

AMX Out

96 or 192 0-10vdc Analog outs

32, 64, or 96 Analog inputs

This console also uses a monochrome composite video signal or an optional RGB monitor.  These are getting difficult to find.

If you get me the serial number I can look up how it was origianally built.

Thanks!

David

[edited by: dnorth at 5:05 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Mar 07 2008]
  • David,

Have no idea if replying to this thread is like the proverbial tree falling in the wilderness & no one's there... Anyway...

I still have a Vision I run for small school projects & the like.  She doesn't get a lot of use, but when called upon, she has been a very good asset.  I have the old composite video monochrome monitor.  It has been an old reliable for many years, but if could somehow upgrade a little & keep the mono as a backup, I'd be happier.

A colleague recently replaced the CRT color monitor from an Express 24/48 we use with a flat screen.  I'm guessing it's all VGA.  I'm going to guess further that I CAN'T use that monitor with my Vision.  It has a DE-15M connector & the Vision has the DE-9F.  I can't just get an adapter, can I?  There are DE-9M to DE-15F adapters out there, but I doubt it's that easy.

Another way to ask this: what is the video signal out of the Vision?  VGA?  EGA?  All the way back to CGA???

I'm slowly climbing a learning curve here, but think I'm asking the right question.

As an aside, my mother-in-law -- God rest her soul -- left us an old Tandy 1000 machine that had a color monitor with the composite video connection.  It comes from the same era as the Vision & I'd bet that monitor could work, but for the life of me I can't find it!

[edited by: VT Fitz at 2:19 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Nov 22 2010]
  • David,

Have no idea if replying to this thread is like the proverbial tree falling in the wilderness & no one's there... Anyway...

I still have a Vision I run for small school projects & the like.  She doesn't get a lot of use, but when called upon, she has been a very good asset.  I have the old composite video monochrome monitor.  It has been an old reliable for many years, but if could somehow upgrade a little & keep the mono as a backup, I'd be happier.

A colleague recently replaced the CRT color monitor from an Express 24/48 we use with a flat screen.  I'm guessing it's all VGA.  I'm going to guess further that I CAN'T use that monitor with my Vision.  It has a DE-15M connector & the Vision has the DE-9F.  I can't just get an adapter, can I?  There are DE-9M to DE-15F adapters out there, but I doubt it's that easy.

Another way to ask this: what is the video signal out of the Vision?  VGA?  EGA?  All the way back to CGA???

I'm slowly climbing a learning curve here, but think I'm asking the right question.

As an aside, my mother-in-law -- God rest her soul -- left us an old Tandy 1000 machine that had a color monitor with the composite video connection.  It comes from the same era as the Vision & I'd bet that monitor could work, but for the life of me I can't find it!

[edited by: VT Fitz at 2:19 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Nov 22 2010]
Children
  •  

When looking for a monitor for the Expression (1) or MicroVision family of consoles you will be looking for a CGA monitor, which is an older video format that is not compatible with the current video formats (VGA_ or (SVGA). These consoles cannot be upgraded to the new video format, so you will either need to find an old CGA monitor, or a CGA to VGA converter, or if you have certain NEC monitors (see below) you can order an HD15 to DB9 adapter cable PN: 4000B7026. Below are the specs for the video outputs:

Format

Connector

Refresh Rate

CGA/Digital RGB

DB-9

54.5 Hz Vertical, 18.36 KHz Horizontal

CGA/Digital RGB

DB-9

64.5 Hz Vertical, 16.0 KHz Horizontal

TTL Monochrome

DB-9

Composite Monochrome

BNC

Format Refresh Rate Connector
    CGA/Digital RGB 54.5 hz Vertical 18.36 Khz Horizontal 9Pin DB-9CGA/Digital
    RGB 54.5 hz Vertical 16.0 Khz Horizontal 9Pin DB-9 (MVSN, MVFX)
    TTL Monochrome 9Pin DB-9
    Composite Monochrome BNC

DB9

HD15

Signal

Common (AC Ground)

Common

Red

Green

Blue

Intensity

N/C

Horizontal Sync

Vertical Sync

See this at: http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/knowledgebase-cga-monitors.aspx

Related