Congo Desk

Hi there, 

I'm new to the Congo and to big lighting desks. I work with the congo etc family desk and have been having a few problems. (most likely operator error)

The first thing I wondered was how do you create a new template/profile for a light that isn't on the patch wizard?

How do you backup show data?

How do i update the desk from 6.4.0 to 6.4.1?

And is there any softwear for me to update the saved show from home o a windows 10 laptop?

I know most people probably wont see this but if someone could replies I'd be very great full. 

Many thanks

James

Parents
  • Hi James,

Hammond said:

The first thing I wondered was how do you create a new template/profile for a light that isn't on the patch wizard?

You will want to create a new template in the Templates list by navigating to Browser>Patching>Settings and Tools>Templates... and then pressing [Insert] to add a new template. Fill in the name of your new template and then highlight the Parameters column and press [Modify] to enter the Template Editor for the template you've just created. Here you can use [Insert] to add new rows and assign the parameters as documented in your fixture's manual. When done, you can press [Esc] to close the tab and store the data/changes. It will now appear in the patch wizard to patch like any other fixture.

Hammond said:

Browser>File>Save or Browser>File>Save As... will allow you to save the show file. Save As... will allow you to decide where you want to save the show file (Play Archive (HDD), USB, etc.). To backup all show files stored on the hard drive, navigate to Browser>File>Exit to System Settings. In System Settings, go to the {Utilities} tab and select {Backup Show Archive} to copy your plays to USB.

Hammond said:

And is there any softwear for me to update the saved show from home o a windows 10 laptop?

You can find Congo version 6.4.1 on this page: http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Congo-Family/Congo/Software.aspx

To install, place the Congo 6.4.1 installer on the root of your USB drive and insert that drive in your console. Use Browser>File>Exit to System Settings to exit to the System Settings screen where, on the {Update} tab, you can select the Congo 6.4.1 installer to run to update your console.

The same software you install on your console is the offline editor for your use at home on your laptop. Simply double-click to run the installer on your computer.

Please note that Congo 6.4.1 was released before Windows 10 existed.

Another option for updating your console, computer, and getting newer fixture library updates is to update your system to Cobalt software. Cobalt 7.3.1 can run on any Congo Family hardware and is more up to date with fixtures as well as newer features introduced since Congo was discontinued. After updating to Congo 6.4.1, follow the same process to update to Cobalt 7.3.1 (available here: www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx

• Hi James,

Hammond said:

You will want to create a new template in the Templates list by navigating to Browser>Patching>Settings and Tools>Templates... and then pressing [Insert] to add a new template. Fill in the name of your new template and then highlight the Parameters column and press [Modify] to enter the Template Editor for the template you've just created. Here you can use [Insert] to add new rows and assign the parameters as documented in your fixture's manual. When done, you can press [Esc] to close the tab and store the data/changes. It will now appear in the patch wizard to patch like any other fixture.

Hammond said:

Browser>File>Save or Browser>File>Save As... will allow you to save the show file. Save As... will allow you to decide where you want to save the show file (Play Archive (HDD), USB, etc.). To backup all show files stored on the hard drive, navigate to Browser>File>Exit to System Settings. In System Settings, go to the {Utilities} tab and select {Backup Show Archive} to copy your plays to USB.

Hammond said:

You can find Congo version 6.4.1 on this page: http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Congo-Family/Congo/Software.aspx

To install, place the Congo 6.4.1 installer on the root of your USB drive and insert that drive in your console. Use Browser>File>Exit to System Settings to exit to the System Settings screen where, on the {Update} tab, you can select the Congo 6.4.1 installer to run to update your console.

The same software you install on your console is the offline editor for your use at home on your laptop. Simply double-click to run the installer on your computer.

Please note that Congo 6.4.1 was released before Windows 10 existed.

Another option for updating your console, computer, and getting newer fixture library updates is to update your system to Cobalt software. Cobalt 7.3.1 can run on any Congo Family hardware and is more up to date with fixtures as well as newer features introduced since Congo was discontinued. After updating to Congo 6.4.1, follow the same process to update to Cobalt 7.3.1 (available here: www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx

Children
Related