Express 24/48 - Troubleshooting help for a newbie

Hi team, the theatre space I am managing has an old Express 24/48 board.  I have become comfortable programming it by trial and error (and an excellent cheat sheet), but this issue is proving beyond me.  Apologies in advance if my lack of technical knowledge exposes a lack of terminological knowledge.

Short story:  When set up for 1-1 patch, the top row of sliders (1-24) are non-functional; they neither trigger a physical instrument nor any reaction from the monitor.  The top row buttons (1-24) will trigger the corresponding dimmers.  The bottom row sliders and buttons (25-48) will all trigger dimmers 1-24 as well.  Dimmers 25-48 are operable only when typed in manually.

Long story:  I had a simple rep plot programmed and several low-tech shows had successfully completed runs in the space using the board without incident.  Last week I went out of town for a couple days and the stage manager for one of the shows called me because half the fixtures were not turning on.  The problem was the circuit breaker--easily remedied--but he panicked and somehow cleared the cues for his show.  When he tried to get light back (any light) to make it through the performance, we ended up in our current predicament.  When I got home, being unable to figure out exactly what he did to cause the problem, I wiped the board, reset to default settings, and planned to re-patch everything.  Unfortunately the problem persists.  The 1-1 example above was just a means of simple explanation, I have also tried doing custom patches, but anything I patch into Dim 1 is only operable via the #25 slider, and so forth down the row.

Is this just user error?  (I hope so!)  Do I even make sense?

Thank you in advance!

Maren

• Hello Maren,

I'm sorry for your predicament. It sounds as though the Scene Mode for those faders got changed.

Try this: Press the 'Setup' key, then 1 - System Settings. Under System Settings, you should see that #15 is Scene Mode. You probably want that to be Option 3 - One Scene with Subs.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I’d recommend that you get in touch with your local Technical Support directly.

For technical support in the Americas,
    please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.

For technical support in Europe,
    please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.

For technical support in Germany,
    please call (+49) 8024 4700-0

For technical support in Asia,
    please call (+852) 2799 1220.
  • Problem solved! I had seen the scene mode but didn't realize how it worked. Thanks a million!!!
Related