I new to faders. Don't understand why they behave differently eg.;

Cue 1 sets up CH1 to FL.

Cue 2 sets up CH1 to 0 and CH2 to FL

Now I clear the board and using the AB fader;

cue 1 to get (as expected) CH1 at FL.

cue 2 lowers CH1 to 0 and raises CH2 to FL   ALL AS EXPECTED. But

Using AB to run 1 - as before (CH1 FL)

Using CD to run 2 - CH1 Remains at FL whilst CH2 raises to FL

There is some sort of logic here I'm missing!

Parents
  • Robert;

What you are seeing here is the advantage/disadvantage of 2 playback faders. Each playback holds its cue and between them you get a combination of the two. This can be advantageous if you are looking for one long cue to run while other cues play ( like your sunset question), and confusing if you play one cue this a light on in one fader and another cue in the other fader turning the light off. Much like you are describing. 

When you type [Cue] [1] [Go AB] you activate cue 1 in the ab fader pair. 

When you type [cue] [2] [Go CD], you activate Cue 2 in the cd fader pair.

As both cues are active, you will get the highest levels for each channel in each cue. 

If you press [cue] [1] [go AB] followed by [go AB] what you will see instead is cue one play and then cue 2 play turning on channel 2 and off channel 1.

Does this make sense?

I'll talk more about the sunset example in your other post. 

• Robert;

What you are seeing here is the advantage/disadvantage of 2 playback faders. Each playback holds its cue and between them you get a combination of the two. This can be advantageous if you are looking for one long cue to run while other cues play ( like your sunset question), and confusing if you play one cue this a light on in one fader and another cue in the other fader turning the light off. Much like you are describing. 

When you type [Cue] [1] [Go AB] you activate cue 1 in the ab fader pair. 

When you type [cue] [2] [Go CD], you activate Cue 2 in the cd fader pair.

As both cues are active, you will get the highest levels for each channel in each cue. 

If you press [cue] [1] [go AB] followed by [go AB] what you will see instead is cue one play and then cue 2 play turning on channel 2 and off channel 1.

Does this make sense?

I'll talk more about the sunset example in your other post. 

Children
No Data
Related