Expression outputs aren't working

Hi. We have a show tomorrow night and - wouldn't you know it - our lights will not work! Full show programmed and...nothing! Here's what I know:

1. I can activate the dimmers manually (the button on the dimmers), so that's not the issue.

2. I can control the dimmers via MPX via our old board. But, I can't control them via DMX via the old board. That led me to believe it was a problem with the DMX cable (which I only have 1 5-pin cable, so can't test this). 

BUT

3. I have lights connected to outputs 2 and 3 as well and neither of them are working.

Is there some reason all of the Expression 3 (800) outputs would have quit working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • Sorry to hear you are having problems. If nothing is working across multiple outputs before I suspect cables or dimmers I would chack some stuff in the console first in the following order of complexity:

1. As the grand master at full?
    2. Is the blackout button active?
    3. When you turn on a channel does it appear on the monitor and if so what color?
    4. If you play a cue does it appear on the monitor and what color?
    5. Are dimmers patched?
    6. While in the patch screen it is possible to patch dimmers to a channel and set their maximum intensity to zero. If you see 00 underneath your dimmers, that has happened. [Dimmer][@][@][enter] should fix it. 
    7. Save the show and then run a deep clear, do things turn on after you clear the console?
    8. Reload your show, does it work?

If none of this is working for you, Technical support is available from 8-5 Central time or 24/7 for emergencies. they can walk you through additional things to look at. 

• Thanks Dave. I keep circling back to a cable issue. But, I do not have an extra 5 pin cable to test this. I've checked the GM slider and BO button. Dimmers are patched. I tried the deep clear as well. No luck in default settings or when the show was reloaded. I literally was running cues at 10:30 last night and all was great. Shut the board down. Today, I turned it on and nothing worked. I'll give tech support a try. Thanks again!
  • Thanks Dave. I keep circling back to a cable issue. But, I do not have an extra 5 pin cable to test this. I've checked the GM slider and BO button. Dimmers are patched. I tried the deep clear as well. No luck in default settings or when the show was reloaded. I literally was running cues at 10:30 last night and all was great. Shut the board down. Today, I turned it on and nothing worked. I'll give tech support a try. Thanks again!
Children
No Data
Related