Obsession offline editor 64 bit

Is there an offline editor for the Obsession 1 that works with 64 bit Windows?

Parents
  • I can tell you it is possible, but I don't remember how. I did it many years ago under 64-bit Win-7. I retired that machine, but I booted it up and looked. It runs directly in Windows, not DOS. It has a main window that lets you open other windows for "Cascade Keypad Faders Submaster Wheel Encoders Screen 1 Screen 2". It looks a lot like Expression Offline. I looked at the program and it's installed in the ETC directory of the C-drive like the normal install. Unfortunately I don't recall how I did it. I searched the web years ago and found a solution. It doesn't appear to be virtual PC, but it might be. I wish I could remember what I found to do it. I think it required a third-party wrapper of some sort. I also have a version that is launching a virtual machine, but it doesn't work. Here's the command line for that:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\VMCPropertyHandler.dll,LaunchVMSal "Windows XP Mode" "||ce1b77de" "Obsession Off-Line"
    Sorry I can't be of more help, but I can confirm it's possible to do it in a nice way. If you find it, post the solution back here. Good luck.
  • maybe compatability mode? right click on the icon, properties, there's a tab Compatibility
  • No, I checked compatibility and none of the options are set. I don't think compatibility mode would help, since it runs in DOS mode. It's been so many years since I set it up, I just don't remember what it was.

I copied the ETC directory and all its subfiles to my Windows-10 computer and then executed the Obsession.exe file on the new computer. Voila! It works under Windows-10! Obviously the file is self-contained and doesn't even use the registry. Still can't tell you why.
  • No, I checked compatibility and none of the options are set. I don't think compatibility mode would help, since it runs in DOS mode. It's been so many years since I set it up, I just don't remember what it was.

I copied the ETC directory and all its subfiles to my Windows-10 computer and then executed the Obsession.exe file on the new computer. Voila! It works under Windows-10! Obviously the file is self-contained and doesn't even use the registry. Still can't tell you why.
Children
No Data
Related