Express 48/96 "Remote Macro" connector

The documentation for the Express consoles clearly defines pinouts and remote connections to remotely activate 4 macros in the console. What I cannot find is documentation for pins 9, 10 & 11 on this connector. It would appear that these pins originate from a SPDT relay internal to the console; which would mean that this would be an "output". How is this relay controlled? How can I program it? Thanks in advance for your input!

corrected "active" to "activate"
[edited by: William34895 at 9:35 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Mar 29 2017]
Parents
  • That is indeed a single SPDT relay, and its use is covered in the manual under "Remote Trigger" on page 301. Basically it's controlled via macros using the OnTrigger & OffTrigger commands.

It's been a while since I've used this, but I seem to recall that the relay is toggled during the boot process, so you should make sure that's not going to cause any problems for whatever you're connecting to. This should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway: this relay is not intended to be used for anything safety-critical.
  • That is indeed a single SPDT relay, and its use is covered in the manual under "Remote Trigger" on page 301. Basically it's controlled via macros using the OnTrigger & OffTrigger commands.

It's been a while since I've used this, but I seem to recall that the relay is toggled during the boot process, so you should make sure that's not going to cause any problems for whatever you're connecting to. This should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway: this relay is not intended to be used for anything safety-critical.
Children
No Data
Related