replacing the disk drive on Express 48/96

I'm wondering if there is an off the shelf solution to replacing the disk drive with a more up to date device such as a USB memory stick.

Parents
  • George

I have heard of such devices but I don't know how it would work with ETC equipment.  At the end of the day you will not be able to install drivers to support devices.  These devices are called FFD Floppy Disk Drive Emulators Interfaces.   I have heard that you can acquire such devices for about $200.00.  Please note that ETC has not tested such devices and that you should proceed at your own risk.  There is no guarantee that it will work, or that it won't hurt the equipment it is installed in.

P-

• George

I have heard of such devices but I don't know how it would work with ETC equipment.  At the end of the day you will not be able to install drivers to support devices.  These devices are called FFD Floppy Disk Drive Emulators Interfaces.   I have heard that you can acquire such devices for about $200.00.  Please note that ETC has not tested such devices and that you should proceed at your own risk.  There is no guarantee that it will work, or that it won't hurt the equipment it is installed in.

P-

Children
No Data
Related