SD Card Problem!

I am a new user.  I purchased a 1GB PNY SD card.  I was able to store the SFML software onto the card and also successfully do a software update from the SD card in the console.

However, when I try to Save a show, it says "Error: Card Write Protected?"   The card is NOT write protected though.  The switch on the card is in the correct position, and in a computer I am able to write to it.  It is in FAT-16 mode.  Again, the software update from the SD card works fine.

Ideas?

Jon 

Parents
  • Do you have another SD card that you can try in the console to see if the fault is with the card or with the SFML?
  • Please obtain another card.  The card type, capcity and format of the SD card you are using should be OK. 

Please also try to run the internal self-test:

Turn off the console,  Turn it on holding the Enter (menu) button down until the unit starts in self-test mode.  Insert the SD card with the write protect switch set to off (not protected).  Press enter at each test until you reach the SD card test.  If you see the message Protect:on either the card or the console is unable to read the switch properly.

If you want to keep the show you have made turn off the console now by pulling the power plug out of the back, this is to prevent the last part of self-test erasing all the memory.  Re-start the console again in self-test and run the same test again using a different SD card.

Please tell us if the console is unable to detect the protect switch properly and we will arrange to exchange or repair the console under warranty.

• Please obtain another card.  The card type, capcity and format of the SD card you are using should be OK. 

Please also try to run the internal self-test:

Turn off the console,  Turn it on holding the Enter (menu) button down until the unit starts in self-test mode.  Insert the SD card with the write protect switch set to off (not protected).  Press enter at each test until you reach the SD card test.  If you see the message Protect:on either the card or the console is unable to read the switch properly.

If you want to keep the show you have made turn off the console now by pulling the power plug out of the back, this is to prevent the last part of self-test erasing all the memory.  Re-start the console again in self-test and run the same test again using a different SD card.

Please tell us if the console is unable to detect the protect switch properly and we will arrange to exchange or repair the console under warranty.

Children
Related