Smart Fade ML and Light Emotion LED Bar problem

Hi am hoping that someone here might be able to help. I'm quite new to DMX but have learnt a lot in a very steep curve over the last six weeks or so.

I have 4 "light Emotion" led bars that I have been trying to control with the Smart Fade ML console. However I can't seem to crack it, They all addressed separately and daisy chained through DMX in and DMX out with a terminator on the last one. I have loaded the ETC personality for these bars and patched them with the wizard. I have slowed the DMX out speed of the panel, the only setting that get any sense out of the lights is s the slowest. I have set channel one to 85% which is in the range of static colour for these lights as channel one controls the lights mode.

So the best I can get out of the lights is a very clunky change of colour from channels 2,3,and 4. they still scroll through various modes despite channel 1 being set to static. They will not respond independently no matter what combination of devices I select. They try but don't succeed in responding to selecting a colour on the colour button. I can not get any sort of fade from them they are either on or off.  And lastly the go haywire if I fade or change any other device in any setting ie: Int A or B.

They are four channel lights and the first has an Address of 141 the second 145 , 149 , 153.

There are eight ETC brand Led devices already in this theatre and they work perfectly, as do the conventional lights.

I'm at the point of tearing my hair out on this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Les

Parents
  • OK for the benefit of any poor soul who comes across this problem. Don't waste precious time trying to make it work. It won't. The e-mail I received from ETC tech said the lights aren't Properly DMX compatible. However all is not lost if you go out and buy a cheap DMX console Chauvet, or the like it will control them just fine straight out of the box.
  • OK for the benefit of any poor soul who comes across this problem. Don't waste precious time trying to make it work. It won't. The e-mail I received from ETC tech said the lights aren't Properly DMX compatible. However all is not lost if you go out and buy a cheap DMX console Chauvet, or the like it will control them just fine straight out of the box.
Children
No Data
Related