SMARTFADE 2494 NOT RECEIVING MIDI

Hello Smartfade community

I wanted to control my smartfade 2496 with my android phone with the TOUCHOSC app routing MIDI through TOUCHOSC Bridge - ableton live - and my audio interface FOCUSRITE 2i4, using the MIDI OUT connection.

For the first try, i plugged the interface MIDI OUT  to the smartfade 2496 MIDI IN, and play some midi notes with the computer Keyboard, selecting my audio interface MIDI OUT for sending the midi data.

Happily, the midi notes triggered from my computer keyboard, activated the bump buttons in the smartfade, and maybe (the reason of this post) some other things that i don't know.

After this success, i wanted to try the TouchOsc app, previously getting it working inside ableton with no trouble. But nothing happened, and when i tried to trigger again the bumps buttons with the keyboard, nothing happened also.  

I don't know if i changed something in the smartfade with some button in the keyboard, or if i need to connect also the interface MIDI IN with the smartfade MIDI OUT cable, (I don't have another).

ANY IDEAS??

THANKS TO ALL  

Parents Reply
  • Thanks , i already read that post. I tried my setup in a friend's smartfade 2496 and everything worked! I think Something happened inside the smartfade, i tried to copy the same settings from the MIDI working smartfade but no success.
    I still have to try reseting to factory settings.
    Thanks again
Children
No Data
Related