Hog PC to Hog Pc widget backup

Hi All
just a quick one
I have 2 hog pc setups one with a nano and one just a laptop with a single widget
if I network these together is there a way of using each others dmx outs on universe one and run it as a back up situation????
I thought I read if you give the internal DP's different numbers they will swap over on fail???
and before you say it yes I have scoured the manual ,maybe im blind
Mikey
Parents
  • Hey Mikey

yes you can use the widgets as a backup
    Patch your universe on your internal DP1 (maybe the nano), then clone it to the internal DP of your other PC (use different net# for the internal DPs)
    Now you have the universe outputing on both consoles.
    There is no automatic takeover of DPs at the moment when you use the same netnumber. The first found DP will be put into running and the other one as found but idle.
    Would be great if we could have the same functions like the consoles with a automatic takeover
  • Hey Mikey

yes you can use the widgets as a backup
    Patch your universe on your internal DP1 (maybe the nano), then clone it to the internal DP of your other PC (use different net# for the internal DPs)
    Now you have the universe outputing on both consoles.
    There is no automatic takeover of DPs at the moment when you use the same netnumber. The first found DP will be put into running and the other one as found but idle.
    Would be great if we could have the same functions like the consoles with a automatic takeover
Children
No Data