Beginner network issues

Hello,

recently purchased a HOG4. Our building was originally set up on a ETC network (i believe Net2). I am trying to get the new hog 4 to communicate over the ETC network to our existing fixtures. Is there a place to add the IP address for our network switches and dimmer racks inside the hog 4 console?….also am I missing any other steps?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Lamont
Parents
  • Etc makes network nodes. The 5pins can be configured as inputs or outputs.
    In your case you could configure them as inputs, take Dmx out of board, and have the node convert it to Net2 since it sounds like the rest of the system is already configured for Net2.

Or Artnet as others have suggested.

It depends on how your elations and atomics are currently getting signal. Are there output nodes close to those fixtures? Or we're they getting straight DMX via 5pin xlr directly from the board?
  • Etc makes network nodes. The 5pins can be configured as inputs or outputs.
    In your case you could configure them as inputs, take Dmx out of board, and have the node convert it to Net2 since it sounds like the rest of the system is already configured for Net2.

Or Artnet as others have suggested.

It depends on how your elations and atomics are currently getting signal. Are there output nodes close to those fixtures? Or we're they getting straight DMX via 5pin xlr directly from the board?
Children
No Data