Hog4PC ArtNet to Capture Argo on a Mac

My Touch PC has a network adaptor and a Wifi network device.
I am trying to get the Hog4PC to output ArtNet to a mac running Capture Argo. I should point out that I have succesfully connected many flavours of Hog4 to the mac over the last 2 years. No problems there.
When I configure the network adaptor to HogNet or ArtNet both HogNet and FixtureNet display the same IP's. etc in the Hog Control Panel. Can this be correct?

Is there a step by step guide to setting up either ArtNet, HogNet or better yet, both on an out of the box PC? It's been a while as I have been on mac for many years.
I would also be very grateful for any help in setting up the PC to run efficiently as a standalone Hog4PC. It's currently running Windows 7.
Should I stick with 7 or upgrade to 8 or 10?

Any help appreciated.
D
Parents
  • First of all:
    you need a dmx-widget to activate the artnet-ports and mirror the ports of the widget to artnet.

On the PC you can send hognet and artnet from the same physical port, but you can also bind your artnet-port to the wired network adapter and the hognet to the wifi and then you can set your IPs corresponding to you settings.

Win 7 works great. No need for 8 or 10
  • First of all:
    you need a dmx-widget to activate the artnet-ports and mirror the ports of the widget to artnet.

On the PC you can send hognet and artnet from the same physical port, but you can also bind your artnet-port to the wired network adapter and the hognet to the wifi and then you can set your IPs corresponding to you settings.

Win 7 works great. No need for 8 or 10
Children
No Data