Super Widget for Console Failover

I'm having trouble finding any info at all on how to set up a super widget within a console failover set up. I have Hog4 PC tracking with my Road Hog. Hognet from the console is feeding a router which is supplying the Hog4 PC with the show. Everything seems to be working perfectly. But the way I have the Super Widget set up is wrong I'm sure. It's coming off the usb at the back of the Road Hog. If the console goes down, I'm sure the widget will go with it since it's getting data through usb. It seems likely to me that I should be feeding the super widget through art-net or from the router. I'm at a loss. Please help.
Thanks for any and all info ahead of time!
Jeremy
Parents
  • Correct, if Road Hog went down, PC would take over, but have no way to physically spit out DMX. Do you 'need' more than 4 universes of DMX? If not, you could have 4 universes coming out of Road Hog, clone the output to match the Hog PC internal DP, and then have the super widget plugged into the Hog PC giving you the same 4 universes from the Hog PC.
    Console switch over would be a matter of swapping DMX cables from Road Hog output to Hog PC. If you had a DMX A/B switch, you could plug Dmx from both consoles into the switch, and have show DMX coming out of there.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you end up changing ANYTHING in the patch of one console, make sure you do the same thing on the other console.

My preference is to forgo the console DMX outputs and to use a DP8000 connected on the network. That way, it doesn't matter what console is online, it'll always be the source of actual DMX signal.
  • Correct, if Road Hog went down, PC would take over, but have no way to physically spit out DMX. Do you 'need' more than 4 universes of DMX? If not, you could have 4 universes coming out of Road Hog, clone the output to match the Hog PC internal DP, and then have the super widget plugged into the Hog PC giving you the same 4 universes from the Hog PC.
    Console switch over would be a matter of swapping DMX cables from Road Hog output to Hog PC. If you had a DMX A/B switch, you could plug Dmx from both consoles into the switch, and have show DMX coming out of there.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you end up changing ANYTHING in the patch of one console, make sure you do the same thing on the other console.

My preference is to forgo the console DMX outputs and to use a DP8000 connected on the network. That way, it doesn't matter what console is online, it'll always be the source of actual DMX signal.
Children
No Data