Super Widget for Console Failover

I'm having trouble finding any info at all on how to set up a super widget within a console failover set up. I have Hog4 PC tracking with my Road Hog. Hognet from the console is feeding a router which is supplying the Hog4 PC with the show. Everything seems to be working perfectly. But the way I have the Super Widget set up is wrong I'm sure. It's coming off the usb at the back of the Road Hog. If the console goes down, I'm sure the widget will go with it since it's getting data through usb. It seems likely to me that I should be feeding the super widget through art-net or from the router. I'm at a loss. Please help.
Thanks for any and all info ahead of time!
Jeremy
Parents
  • No way that I know of to Art Net directly to the widget without connecting to a console or DP..... Essentially a widget always needs a DP8000.
    ON the console, there is a DP internally. You have the 4 XLR DMX ports (varies depending on board). The DP is always 'capable' of generating 16 universes, but you are limited by the number of actual DMX XLR ports. IT's generating 16, but on a Full boar, you can only immediately access the first 4. with a usb Super widget, you are able to access the next 4.
    A rack mount DP 8000 also generates 16 universes, with 8 dedicated DMX XLR ports. Add widgets to access the rest of the universes.
    Hog PC uses an 'internal' DP and they only way to access the DMX is with widgets.
  • No way that I know of to Art Net directly to the widget without connecting to a console or DP..... Essentially a widget always needs a DP8000.
    ON the console, there is a DP internally. You have the 4 XLR DMX ports (varies depending on board). The DP is always 'capable' of generating 16 universes, but you are limited by the number of actual DMX XLR ports. IT's generating 16, but on a Full boar, you can only immediately access the first 4. with a usb Super widget, you are able to access the next 4.
    A rack mount DP 8000 also generates 16 universes, with 8 dedicated DMX XLR ports. Add widgets to access the rest of the universes.
    Hog PC uses an 'internal' DP and they only way to access the DMX is with widgets.
Children
No Data