Changing Net number

Hi Guys

I've got a Hog 4 and Hog 4 Full boar.
i've got them to load the same show file though hog net, but can't seem to set them up so the Hog 4 is my main and the full boar the back up.
I want it so if the main loses power the back up takes over and outputs artnet.
I've got the switch between the 2 console on hognet, do i need to add a second switch for the Art net and somehow make it so the Full baor doesn't out put until the Hog 4 drops out?
I'm getting myself a bit confused on how to do this.
  • Yes you need to switches.
    And you need an option to select which artnet out is active.
    If you only convert artnet to DMX I always use ELC nodes with priority on the output or Luminex and with IP priority.
    Set your net number for the console to the same number to get a full tracking server/console or to a different if you only want tracking servers. The internal DPs should have different net-numbers. Clone DP#1 to DP#2
    Then set one DP to output on subnet 0 and the other on subnet 1 (when using ELC) or both to 0 and set the ip-priority in the node . Config your nodes to these settings.
    You might also you as rock-switch to hardswitch between the two artnet-signals. but some servers/nodes dont like that. But then still you would need the DPs to be set to #1 and #2 and have them cloned.