Hoglet 4 PC art net out?

I have a couple Hoglets and a laptop server w/ a super widget. I have successfully networked the consoles. I wold like to be able expand my capabilities and output Sacn or Artnet. All of my PCs have only one network card, and I have been advised against trying to use the same card for both networking consoles and outputting cat6 data. Does adding a DP8000, which i believe will out Sacn or arnet, eliminate the need for a second network card? or will I finally have to upgrade to the Road Hog?
Parents
  • You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter.

In Hog4 PC you can map your computers network adapter to HogNet, and the USB device to FixtureNet. There is no guarantee all USB to Ethernet adapters will work. I can say that this Anker adapter has worked for me in the past. Keep in mind that each Hoglet you have has a super widget built in, and will get you 4 universes per super widget. As of 3.12.0 and higher Hog4 PC can output up to 12 universes maximum, with respective widgets attached to the system.

Widgets will also unlock ArtNet and sACN output like they do hard copper DMX, you just need to enable this in your DMX processor settings in your network window.
  • You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter.

In Hog4 PC you can map your computers network adapter to HogNet, and the USB device to FixtureNet. There is no guarantee all USB to Ethernet adapters will work. I can say that this Anker adapter has worked for me in the past. Keep in mind that each Hoglet you have has a super widget built in, and will get you 4 universes per super widget. As of 3.12.0 and higher Hog4 PC can output up to 12 universes maximum, with respective widgets attached to the system.

Widgets will also unlock ArtNet and sACN output like they do hard copper DMX, you just need to enable this in your DMX processor settings in your network window.
Children
No Data