HOG 4 Mac OS,

Well we be able to use NanoHog4 with Mac OS ? ore it have to be with PC(windows) only. Will be ready for Windows 8 ?:footinmouth:
Parents
  • [QUOTE=emilianomorgia@mac.com;63121]I don't see the point of your sentence, so why people using Mac? Why others using linux? Should we all run windows?

In the end, what you choose for your personal life is one thing, but lighting programs have been traditionally PC based. There are some that support both Win + Mac, but they all start with PC.

Why is this? Because when you enter the world of Apple you become bound by their very strict hardware rules as well as software. Whereas in the PC world you have an exponentially larger choice of hardware plaforms and options to choose from. Not to mention that support for said hardware will be included in future software builds, so when you make a third party device you don't have to worry that it will suddenly not work in the next release as is typical with Apple.

Having said that I like Linux and Mac OSX feel and workflows, but for Apple particularly it seems ridiculous to spend as much as 500% more for some of the same chips offered in PCs just to get there.

Like I said at the start, if you choose one or the other for your personal work....that is one thing, but when you need lighting tools you need to run in a PC environment.

So if you choose a Mac.....that's where the extra cost lies....not with having to buy Windows then to run all your lighting tools.
  • [QUOTE=emilianomorgia@mac.com;63121]I don't see the point of your sentence, so why people using Mac? Why others using linux? Should we all run windows?

In the end, what you choose for your personal life is one thing, but lighting programs have been traditionally PC based. There are some that support both Win + Mac, but they all start with PC.

Why is this? Because when you enter the world of Apple you become bound by their very strict hardware rules as well as software. Whereas in the PC world you have an exponentially larger choice of hardware plaforms and options to choose from. Not to mention that support for said hardware will be included in future software builds, so when you make a third party device you don't have to worry that it will suddenly not work in the next release as is typical with Apple.

Having said that I like Linux and Mac OSX feel and workflows, but for Apple particularly it seems ridiculous to spend as much as 500% more for some of the same chips offered in PCs just to get there.

Like I said at the start, if you choose one or the other for your personal work....that is one thing, but when you need lighting tools you need to run in a PC environment.

So if you choose a Mac.....that's where the extra cost lies....not with having to buy Windows then to run all your lighting tools.
Children
No Data