HOG 4 Mac OS,

Well we be able to use NanoHog4 with Mac OS ? ore it have to be with PC(windows) only. Will be ready for Windows 8 ?:footinmouth:
Parents
  • [QUOTE=bassman;63184]I agree with Emiliano ,most of us feel much relaxed with Mac OS. If all those pro programs existed in MAC OS I believe everyone , and I mean everyone would use strictly MAC OS and never use WPC.... Pc should be only for entertainment , E-mails internet searching engine, while all those programs for pro tools such lighting consoles , sound ,cad ,etcr should be in MAC OS.
    But thats a bissnis.

Myself, that's how I feel about Linux . . . The MAC (at least to me) is a decent OS with an intolerably dumbed down UI, and non-remarkable hardware. Couple that with Apple having *ZERO* footprint in the data center (where stability is job *ONE*), tending to indicate that they are more in the play-toy market, and not serious computing. Linux, however, is in many Fortune 500 (and above) data centers, and it meets all those critieria, and the UI is what *YOU* want it to be - not what someone tells you you are supposed to like . . . And lastly, as mentioned above, the standard-avoidant behaviour of Apple makes many simple things far more painful than they need to be . . . . again, a clear win for Linux, since nobody can tell you what you can and can't run on the platform . . .

Windows? If you don't care if you have it available at any given point in time, it can work . . . Just don't make a living depending on it - you will likely get burned . . .

Granted, this argument has as much bearing on the use of Linux in consoles as much as it does in support software, but it's valid in either case . . . And if companies would spend the time to write portable code (and not just be lazy to make a quick $$$), then cross platform availability would not be an issue, and we could all run what we like, with no compatibility issues - which, to me, would be the ideal world.

- Tim
  • [QUOTE=bassman;63184]I agree with Emiliano ,most of us feel much relaxed with Mac OS. If all those pro programs existed in MAC OS I believe everyone , and I mean everyone would use strictly MAC OS and never use WPC.... Pc should be only for entertainment , E-mails internet searching engine, while all those programs for pro tools such lighting consoles , sound ,cad ,etcr should be in MAC OS.
    But thats a bissnis.

Myself, that's how I feel about Linux . . . The MAC (at least to me) is a decent OS with an intolerably dumbed down UI, and non-remarkable hardware. Couple that with Apple having *ZERO* footprint in the data center (where stability is job *ONE*), tending to indicate that they are more in the play-toy market, and not serious computing. Linux, however, is in many Fortune 500 (and above) data centers, and it meets all those critieria, and the UI is what *YOU* want it to be - not what someone tells you you are supposed to like . . . And lastly, as mentioned above, the standard-avoidant behaviour of Apple makes many simple things far more painful than they need to be . . . . again, a clear win for Linux, since nobody can tell you what you can and can't run on the platform . . .

Windows? If you don't care if you have it available at any given point in time, it can work . . . Just don't make a living depending on it - you will likely get burned . . .

Granted, this argument has as much bearing on the use of Linux in consoles as much as it does in support software, but it's valid in either case . . . And if companies would spend the time to write portable code (and not just be lazy to make a quick $$$), then cross platform availability would not be an issue, and we could all run what we like, with no compatibility issues - which, to me, would be the ideal world.

- Tim
Children
No Data