HOG 4 Mac OS,

Well we be able to use NanoHog4 with Mac OS ? ore it have to be with PC(windows) only. Will be ready for Windows 8 ?:footinmouth:
  • I agree with Emiliano ,most of us feel much relaxed with Mac OS. If all those pro programs existed in MAC OS I believe everyone , and I mean everyone would use strictly MAC OS and never use WPC.... Pc should be only for entertainment , E-mails internet searching engine, while all those programs for pro tools such lighting consoles , sound ,cad ,etcr should be in MAC OS.
    But thats a bissnis.
  • Lets talk about straight facts.....
    PCs are still 80% of the market-share worldwide.
    Android is rapidly outgunning iOS (they just took 75% of the market share last quarter).

As has already been discussed a bit in this thread Macs create the illusion of being more secure, when in fact they are actually far more vulnerable to an attack than PC systems....but with such a small percentage of computers being Apple based, it really isn't worth anyone's time yet to go after them with viruses, etc...

Try hooking up a Blu-Ray drive and playing a Blu-Ray movie on your Mac......you can't.....the HD standard for consumer video is not supported by Apple b/c they don't want to pay license fees to Sony.

Try getting the latest and greatest video card and putting it in your Mac Pro tower.......only if Apple decides to support it....and only then, and it will probably be 6 months to a year before they do so if you're lucky.

If you choose a Mac (and I understand why some might), you simply must have a dual boot system if you intend on running any serious lighting software tools.

I would say that without the dual-boot option, far fewer people in this business would even bother with a Mac for professional purposes.

We can debate the merits and drawbacks of each system endlessly, but that is far beyond the scope of this forum.

There simply is no good reason to bog down a developer (any developer not just consoles) with having to test on Mac OS as well as PC when folks already need to have a dual-boot system if they run Mac in this industry.
  • [QUOTE=bassman;63184]I agree with Emiliano ,most of us feel much relaxed with Mac OS. If all those pro programs existed in MAC OS I believe everyone , and I mean everyone would use strictly MAC OS and never use WPC.... Pc should be only for entertainment , E-mails internet searching engine, while all those programs for pro tools such lighting consoles , sound ,cad ,etcr should be in MAC OS.
    But thats a bissnis.

Myself, that's how I feel about Linux . . . The MAC (at least to me) is a decent OS with an intolerably dumbed down UI, and non-remarkable hardware. Couple that with Apple having *ZERO* footprint in the data center (where stability is job *ONE*), tending to indicate that they are more in the play-toy market, and not serious computing. Linux, however, is in many Fortune 500 (and above) data centers, and it meets all those critieria, and the UI is what *YOU* want it to be - not what someone tells you you are supposed to like . . . And lastly, as mentioned above, the standard-avoidant behaviour of Apple makes many simple things far more painful than they need to be . . . . again, a clear win for Linux, since nobody can tell you what you can and can't run on the platform . . .

Windows? If you don't care if you have it available at any given point in time, it can work . . . Just don't make a living depending on it - you will likely get burned . . .

Granted, this argument has as much bearing on the use of Linux in consoles as much as it does in support software, but it's valid in either case . . . And if companies would spend the time to write portable code (and not just be lazy to make a quick $$$), then cross platform availability would not be an issue, and we could all run what we like, with no compatibility issues - which, to me, would be the ideal world.

- Tim